Thursday, November 10, 2011

AEDM - Day 10 and FFTT

It's Thursday so you know that means Food For Thought Thursday....plus it's also day 10 of AEDM. All I've managed so far today is more work on the flower journal spread.


We went yesterday to get our firewood....I'll share that experience with you tomorrow! So last night I wasn't in a mood to cook plus today will be grocery day (a day late due to the firewood) so there wasn't a lot to choose from for my dinner last night. I usually keep this lentil mixture on hand....


So with a little bit of that and some of this....


Yum....is there anything that smells better than onions and celery cooking in a little olive oil! I added it to the lentil mixture along with some tomatoes and carrots....


and ended up with a very tasty soup. I scrounged up some head lettuce, a piece of cucumber and some grated carrots and had an easy salad with my soup.


I'm a bit crazy when it comes to salad. I like to chop everything very small, even the lettuce. I know you're supposed to tear lettuce but I like mine chopped small.

Be sure to stop by Robin's blog (link above). She has a fun little cookie recipe today....and think about joining us on Food For Thought Thursday. It's fun to see what other people like to eat.

16 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! I am sure it was really good.
    Your flowers are coming along really well.
    Hugs and blessings
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flower page is looking great, Janet...very colourful.

    The soup looks delicious..sometimes, those throw-together soups are THE best! I find that finely chopped salads, including lettuce, are much easier to eat.

    Have a great day!

    Serena xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flower pages with their vibrant color. I wish I was closer as that soup looks very yummy. I had a dentist appt. yesterday ( actually a cleaning) and so it was homemade veggie soup for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colourful flowers and yummy colourful food too. Can't be better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great journal page! And the food looks great! One of these days I'm going to join the food for thought...maybe next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janet...it looks yummy...and I'm with you about salad...I hate picking up a huge piece of lettuce in a salad and thinking...what am I supposed to do with this? Ha! I like the color you added to your sketch below...very nice!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flower page is really looking good. I love how the text comes through. This is the same with your sassy lady. Love it coloured as well.

    Can I swop your supper for mine?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had my post all ready and lost it, i made soup!!
    Those flowers just pop off the page ,, beautiful,,

    ReplyDelete
  9. the soup looked very tasty, and me not even a vegan. Now you are the queen of the flowers, they are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. what more can I add... beautiful flowers and beautiful soup!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janet, you sound like a woman that can make a good meal out of anything!! I'm so unlike that! Clueless in the Kitchen is what I am!! Love your daily drawing! Those flowers are inspiring me to do some flowers myself :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your salad made me laugh. My sister is the very same way. You can practically eat her salads with a spoon. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow I'm impressed! When my cupboards are near empty or grocery day is drawing near I run to quiznos...LOL, you made a delicious meal! I love lentils and really should use them more! Happy FFTT, thanks so much for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. just delicious looking what you managed to come up with, inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your lentil dish looks GREAT. Isn't it nice to have some things together where you just don't have to think much to cook?

    Interested in your firewood story. This summer when Rick and I went out (not to get wood), we stumbled on some. I'd just vacuumed the car -- and we loaded the trunk and back seat with it. I still haven't revacced!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Feel like I can almost smell it cooking - yum! You're making me hungry, now...so now I really AM going to get off the computer - and go make something to eat! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!