Followers

Saturday, November 05, 2011

Day 5 - AEDM

It's day five of AEDM and I'm still in the game! Before I show you what I did for today, I want to show you a stencil. No, it's not a new one but rather one I've used a lot as you will see.

When I took it out to use it I stopped and looked at the patina that has built up on it and I thought it was so pretty I took pictures! Am I crazy or is this beautiful??




LOVE this!! I think this alone could be my art for the day! I placed it on some paper towels so it would show up. I love the colors and build-up that it has. I always put my stencils face down in my journal after I use them but obviously all the paint doesn't come off....and I never wipe them down.

********************************************
Okay, I began this journal spread with my morning pages written over pages where I had scraped leftover paint. After that I used the stencil and gesso to go over it all.

The gesso didn't cover as well as I had hoped. 
I didn't want the words to appear so clearly but some of them do.
Then I used a circle stencil and Adirondack sprays
 to do some large circles.
Next I added paper circles,
torn paper strips,
and doodling.

I have signed up for a free mandala class here and after watching the videos that are there as a welcome, I was inspired to do this spread. I didn't make a mandala but I used lots of circles as she did, plus I loved her doodles and used some of them here, too.

PS - I just linked up to Just Journals here

Have a fun weekend....

25 comments:

  1. yes I love that stencil too and your circles page ......x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, lots of beautiful here!! You are having so much fun and it shows,, how I wish I could do this,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is fantastic! So many luscious layers! Thank you for sharing. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks beautiful! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janet,

    I'm so glad to hear you've signed up for the mandala class too. It should be fun!

    When I first saw your stencil, I actually DID think it was your art for the day....LOVELY!

    I do like the pages you did with all those circles and blues and greens.

    Happy AEDM,

    Serena xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. i happen to love circles and blue, so your page is a big hit with me....

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so so pleasing to me. I love circles and wow, that stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you are so right- that stencil is a piece of art in itself! Very beautiful!

    Love your journal page too. I love using circles in all kinds of ways too.

    Now off to check out those classes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes I agree, the stencil is beautiful and could be framed! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your journal spreads. This one is so organic and I love the colours you have chosen. The whole piece is very calming.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your stencil is pure delight! I have some that I almost want to cut up and use as journal elements. Your circle journal pages are fantastic - love the colors, the circles, the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your stencil really is a piece of art! And you made it that way... Isn't that cool? Love the page. You can' go wrong with circles (in my book), and the writing gives it a lovely backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by.I do like your pretty stencil.Your pages are fantastic ,love the color. Denise

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow another great pages and I also happen to like blue circles! youre really motoring along with this AED challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to agree with everyone, the stencil is beautiful! You can tell a lot of love has seeped through it's windows!

    I love your journal pages too... just gorgeous happy colors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just came from the Just Journals Link Party. . .
    GORGEOUS stencil - could be framed! Your journal page is beautiful - can't wait to go poking around on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that stencil, Janet. You should recreate it if you can or get another one so you can display this one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so in love with your journal pages! I just love all the circles & the colors. Fabulous!! AND...that stencil - there are no words for that beauty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I love your colors and your swirls. Beautiful pages Janet. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  20. pretty page and the stencil looks magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jan
    your work is wonderful...that stencil is fantastic..the colours are beautiful...all mixed up...fab!!!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love all the paint layers on that stencil. I'd never want to spray over it again, but get another one to start fresh with. Breathtaking journal pages, I really love them. I've long wanted to learn to do mandalas, I signed up for that class too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks like the whole gang showed up and I can see why, this is lovely...you are so gifted. Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  24. i have stencil like that too Janet, I love all the colours that end up blending so well together.
    I love your page especially the layout and position of the circles, paper and doodles. And of course I love the blues.
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. That circle page is amazing, I just love it! In fact all your AEDM stuff is great. NOt much time to comment so I wil do it all here. Also loved the old woman and those wide pants. Some images are so cool, you just have to wait to know what to do with them. All the faces you did have been great too. I can see November is gonna be great for you.
    How is Sharon's class?

    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!