Wednesday, November 09, 2011

It's Day 9 of AEDM....

Today I don't have a lot to show you. It's a busy day here at Chez Me and My Art. HB and I are going to get our firewood for the winter. We have a fireplace in the family room and I love having a fire as often as possible when it's cold.

So we'll go load up our truck with firewood, bring it home, unload it and stack it and then I'll just collapse on the couch for the rest of the day!

This morning I managed to add some color 
to the sketch I showed you several days ago....


I thought with her "attitude" that red hair might work for her.
I also gave her a necklace and some clothes!

She is done in an old book that I sometimes use as a journal. I like working over text. On another page I decided to try some flower designs.


I haven't gotten very far with this spread but I'll keep working on it and share the progress as it comes along.

The two canvases that I prepped yesterday are both started and I've been working on them most of yesterday afternoon and evening. I just kept switching from one to the other but I don't have anything to show you just yet. Stay tuned!

Now I'm off to load wood.

11 comments:

  1. The redhead is so good looking and she reminds me of my Mosters neighbour. How fun that is, a lady you never met and still this one has her face.
    Thanks so much for your kind words earlier today. I was close to blushing when reading your words.
    I like your lotus design too and am sure it will look great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet; I really love the look of this gal, sassy and all! Love the red hair.
    I love having a fire, however, we do not have a fireplace:( so sad. Enjoy the coziness of the warm fire!
    Hugs and blessings
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful, both of them!1 This working over the text in old books is something new to me ,, I just think its great, I'm looking for just the right book,

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like that you did her over text.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok i love that girl, red hair is my favourite, and you did the hair great, and those flowers, and the color all beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you painted up the redhead, Janet...perfect!

    Those flower designs look so pretty...I'm sure the finished spread will look wonderful!

    All the loading and unloading of firewood can be quite taxing...I'd be collapsing on the couch too.

    Happy AEDM,

    Serena xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. love those flowers! and ...staying tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooh, so so pretty! I really love her and your flowers are so bold and colorful! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Janet,
    Oh, I like the red head with attitude. Reminds me of a friends daughter and yes, she has big attitude. lol

    The flowers are coming along nicely and look great on text.
    Looking forward to seeing more work progress.
    Creative hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the fun colours. Um fires on cold winter days wonderful cosy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Redheaded girlies are always my favorite! I love the flower designs too and that you're working over book text. I just started playing with my pastels in an ancient book I have - I shall have to do more...
    You know what they say about firewood, it heats you 3 times. Once when you chop it, once when you stack it and once when you burn it. Enjoy your cozy fires this winter!
    Jessi xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!