Monday, December 12, 2011

Some Little Bits of Art....

Today it looks and feels like winter here. We're in for a rainy day and it's gloomy and gray outside. So I've been playing in the studio. I have on a sweater and my warm snuggly slippers and the paint and glue are flying!

Recently I took a little ornament class that was fun....


The one above is done on a small 3" x 3" canvas.


This one is a little different. I started with a recycled box from the kitchen. I don't remember what was in it but it's about 3.5" x 4.25"....I filled it with plastic shopping bags until it was fairly solid. Then I used masking tape to close it, added strips of paper cut from a book, some paint and the little girl. This is one of my favorite kinds of art to do....use what you have.


You can see the box better in this picture. I may put another girl on the back or maybe just a phrase or something like that. She could sit on a shelf or on the desk and remind me to bundle up when it's cold outside. Is it cold where you are?

11 comments:

  1. They're both lovely Janet, but the second is my fave, especially because the materials have been reused. Best kind of art.

    It's raining here now and a bit windy so a little milder than the last few days. We're definitely bundling up though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them both Janet. I especially like the colours in the top one!
    Yes it is cold here, but as long as there is no rain or snow Ivo is out golfing!
    We are supposed to have above normal temps by the end of the week, but I'll bet it will still be colder than where you are!
    hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like your snow girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cold today and suppose to be the coldest winter in 20 years. I guess we'll see!

    Your little girls are adorable and inspirational! Love the colorful hats! So fun!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply adorable, both of them!
    Your are very talented, Janet.
    Always a pleasure to visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, these are both lovely! It's cold here in England too, I have my first chilbains of the season after a lovely walk in the woods with friends earlier today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your canvas girls are just amazing! your ideas are super!

    cool here after a carfcker of thunderstorm here last night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great, Janet! Love, love, love the little girl on the box. What a great project!

    We have frost on the ground every morning, but it's not too unbearably cold by mid-day. It will be interesting to see if we have another blizzard-filled winter, or something a bit more mild this time around!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Using a box from the kitchen, what a good idea! I like them both and they are dressed to just the way I am. That means, cold here too. Blowing and raining and good weather outside to stay inside.
    Loved your red and black ATC's too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love them both Janet and with the fickle Melbourne weather we are having lately, this could easily get me to rug up. Summer is still making its mind up as to whether it will appear or not
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the 3x3's, too. Prices. Please!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!