Followers

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Happy Doing Nothing....

Wow! I must have struck a nerve with my last post because so many of you commented and I also had a lot of private emails from you explaining how you feel the same way I do. That makes me feel better, to know I'm not alone with these thoughts.

After I posted that last entry, I felt a huge relief. I felt like the day was mine to do whatever I wanted. I played, I read, I watched some shows on Netflix and I enjoyed myself....and I worked on some things in the studio. No big project, nothing to really show, but I was having fun doing "nothing"....that is, nothing structured, nothing for a class, nothing that I finished.

One thing I did work on was one of the pages I shared last time. I wasn't happy with it and knew I wanted to change it. This is what I did....


I like this page much better now. I'm also working on the other one with the "floating" head. I'm giving her a body and something to anchor her to the page.

***********************************
Yesterday we were out and we stopped at B&N. I found a small book that completely inspired me and it isn't even an art book. Today I began painting some pages that I'll use in a project I want to do inspired by the book. I hope to have something to show you in a day or two. Until then, keep making art and don't let yourself get sucked in to all the things you "should" be doing. Keep it simple....make yourself happy and the rest will fall into place.

11 comments:

  1. Wow this turned out fabulous!! Really pops off the page! Excellent job...I love it and I'm inspired by it too! I want to do a magazine woman and change the features. Thanks. Glad you but the fun back into Art!!! Share the name of the book later too I hope!

    Love Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing what a good background does for a pic! this one is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooohhhhhh nooooo..you sure have not lost me my friend! DO WHAT FEELS RIGHT!

    BTW- if anyone is serious about reading blogs, then they are probably using a reader....if they're using a reader, then they will be back. Don't worry...I'm working on it too.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That girl came out very beautiful. I can see you are a dot girl. I'm fond of them too.
    Glad to hear that everything works much better after you made your decision, we all need to feel well.
    Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet, she turned out absolutely beautiful! And keep doing what feels right for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks fabulous. I really can relate to what you're saying here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you are feeling good about your decision, this life is to short to not try and enjoy it.
    Loved the girl, and it is easy to see by the comments you are a source of inspiration to many. We are still "housebound" but I have a little time to spend in the studio.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you go back and change things. It's the mark or a real artist -- to see beyond the initial inspiration to perfection!

    Must check your next post all commented on. I'm so behind...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how this turned out. Glad you can do what you feel like and still feel good about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like that page! Beautiful!

    I find it really hard to be at peace with what I manage to do each day....always too many ideas!
    I had to quit doing so much with bloggers and on-line groups once Mom moved in with us....AND I know I need to be active and keep moving, not sitting here.
    That said, I do find blogging and visiting blogs is a great antidote to feelings of loneliness and isolation!
    Hugs and Happy New Year dear Janet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!