Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Playing in the Studio...

Yesterday we had some rain and it was the perfect day to just do nothing...which is pretty much what I did! But I did find a journal spread that I hadn't shared with you. I did this in my Book of  Days journal...


It began with a picture from a magazine, then I painted over it and added some UPC labels which I think are great graphic accents.

I also recently painted this face...


I did her on one of my hardback book covers. I layered on some old book pages and then painted her. She's given me a lot of trouble with her face shading. I just can't seem to get it right so I just gave up and called her done!


I also doodled around with these flowers. I wish I had added some brighter colors but for now this is what it is. They sort of remind me of octopus arms!! Maybe they're octopus flowers!

And that's what I've been up to recently. I hope you're all creating lots of fun art, too. Keep playing...