Followers

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

An Art Swap and Some Pulled Art...

I'm still here! Bet you wondered if I was ever coming back. Sorry to be away so long but I had a nice visit with my daughter and now I'm ready to get back to doing some art. She's leaving very early tomorrow morning.

First of all I participated in a swap with Micki Wilde. This is the beautiful little package I received...


and this is what was inside...


Isn't she beautiful? I love it. 
Thanks, for swapping with me, Micki!

Below is the piece I sent to Micki...
not nearly as nice as hers.


The only other art I have to share is a piece of pulled art I did recently. I used to do a lot of pulled art but then somehow got away from it. It was fun to try it again. This is the face I saw...


And she became this...

I know her eyes are a bit strange 
but that's what I saw so I went with it.


She seems to be watching over me so I might add some words to the top center...something about a guardian. She also reminds me of the people in Avatar.


I'm up to my eyeballs in classes! I've done it again...loaded myself down with too many things all at once. My problem is I want to learn everything!!


It's good to be back and I'll be around to visit your blogs soon.

17 comments:

  1. liking that pulled art idea - went back and found one of your posts from 09 that showed it as well. I know just what you mean about wanting to do everything. It's taken all my strength not to sign up for the lettering class because I want to learn it SO much, but have way too many irons in the fire already. glad you had a good visit with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you had a lovely visit with your daughter, now with joy in your heart you can return to your other love - art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you are back. I missed you, but knew you were having fun times with your daughter. Sweet faces in that swap. Both yours and Micki's. I still need to try that pulled art that you are so good at!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing wrong with those eyes! You go girl!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had a nice visit with your daughter!

    What kinds of classes are you taking? In my opinion, we can never learn too much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy you had such a nice visit with your daughter, Janet. I'm sure you will miss her when she leaves.

    Those swap pieces are beautiful! I love the colours in your pulled art piece too. Now that you mention it, she does resemble the characters in Avatar.

    Nice work! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. shawn7:22 AM

    Glad to see you back! Both of the swap pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back, glad you had a good visit with your daughter..♥
    And...you still managed to get some art finished.
    Hugs
    ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Janet...nice to see you and your art back. It's great you had a good visit with your daughter. I like the beginning of the Guardian piece...it has lots of promise. I know what you mean about being busy...the stamping class did end though.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks great, Janet!
    Thank you so much for sharing... I agree, love your "pulled out of the closet painting". enjoy where you left off ((hugs))
    So happy to hear you and your daughter had a wonderful time together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you are back, my friend. I missed you, but I know you had a grand time with your girl! As always, I am fond of the wonderful things you post! Good deal for both swappers, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey love that girl, there is nothing wrong with those eyes. Glad you had a good time

    ReplyDelete
  13. Janet I think your face is just as nice as the one you received. Its just different, one is not better than the other.

    Glad you had a good visit with your daughter.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you have had a nice visit with your daughter. Looks like you are off and running with your art again! I haven't heard the phrase "pulled art", but I can guess at its meaning from your example here...interesting idea...looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the art - both yours' and Micki's. Glad you had a good visit with your daughter. I know how much that means!
    I've been away/offline for the past week or more, till my SIL could fix my computer - I'm hoping I can comment again, too...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! It's working again!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The days probably went by too fast...I am so glad you had time with your daughter. I am so glad you liked my red dress...I will see you there...can't wait to see what you are wearing :)
    I don't get out much so this will be a Par................ty!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!