Followers

Saturday, February 04, 2012

It DID Get Crazy...

Little did I know how crazy things would get around here when I wrote my previous post. Wednesday I spent much of the afternoon at the hospital with HB! He was in serious pain late Tuesday night until about noon on Wednesday when he finally decided to go to the emergency room to see what was wrong. Turns out he had a kidney stone.  He's all better now but we're doing some research on diets to avoid this happening again although they tell us that once you have one kidney stone the likelihood of another one goes up.

The good news is that he's back to his usual self and we have our new computers up and running as of last evening. I still don't have my camera hooked up so no pictures today but I have several things to share with you probably tomorrow sometime.

Have a fun weekend...it's Super Bowl tomorrow!

11 comments:

  1. Life sure serves up a full plate when we least expect it. Thank goodness the hubs is better and none the worse for wear (I hope).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Janet! Sounds horrible. Glad he's feeling a bit better now and that the new computers are hooked up. Lots of love to you and HB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet,

    Oh, poor HB! I've never had kidney stones, but I know plenty of people who have, and it sounds so painful.

    I'm glad he's feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs to HB and you ... no fun! Enjoy the new 'puters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hope hubby is feeling better, any super bowl parties planned (lol) we are having a quiet day here and just doing the usual

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am so sorry to hear HB had a kidney stone. I have heard they are very painful. Hope he is feeling much better now.
    Dot xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor HB, I have heard they can be excrutiatingly painful. Glad he is recovering.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes, kidney stones can be unbelievable painful I hear!! Glad he's on the mend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ouch! I'm sorry that he had to go through that... Hopefully the new computers are making both of you smile and forget the pain faster.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness!!!
    My hubby did the same thing, tried to ride out the pain, couldn't figure it out... a day and a half later, I rushed him to the hospital."Mr. Cole, you've got stones, several trying to make their way down!", said the doctor. Not much was done that night... sent him home totally medicated, with an appointment with his doctor. He is doing well, get they have not passed...
    Glad all went well for your loved one!
    Sending healing thoughts to your hubby, wishing him a pain free ride. :]
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ouch, kidney stones are apparently one of the most painful experiences. I have watched both my husband and father go through them. Hard to watch when you can't do anything to help them. Hope he is feeling better now and doesn't get any more.
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!