Followers

Monday, March 26, 2012

Another Blue Haired Gal...

I'm really late getting anything posted today. HB is still not feeling good but we had some business that had to be taken care of this afternoon. He did okay but he was definitely happy to be back home again.

I played in my art journal this morning. I had a couple of pages where I'd "cleaned off" some stencils, and then I had added a very light layer of a cream/pale yellow paint. Then I painted a face on one page and I played with her hair...I think I have a thing for blue haired gals!!


You know how I don't like painting hair!


I like the way her hair turned out but her face looks like a very young woman. I didn't plan on that...it just happened. I might change the color of her eyes and make them brown.

Okay, it's getting late so I think I'll spend some time reading.

6 comments:

  1. This puts a who;e new meaning of
    "blue hairs" we have a lot of them in Fl.Glad Ichecked on your other post, with the cards, I really like that lay-out.Also one of the photos at the bottom,was pictures of your dads mom, with the twins,
    great old pics,I had forgotten there were twins in your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu are right she is kinda young for that kind of blue hair. Give her some wrinkles and you'll be all set. Or maybe she just want to be like grandma. All in all she is such a fun piece,

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janet...I like the hair...it's all very whimsical! I hope hubby is feeling better. I fell over the dog last night and banged up my knee...it's always something, ha!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue hair? Why not! She has a kind face.... I hope HB gets better soon. Having flu is no fun :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blue hair... very creative, I love it!
    Such a wonderful color palette, Janet. :]
    Thank you for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE her hair Janet! She reminds me of an old boudoir doll I have with the same color hair! It's kooky but it just appeals to me...guess cuz Kooky is my middle name too. LOL
    I would change her eye color though...I think brown would really accent that hair color! Just give her a tinted pair of contacts! :)) Hope you have a better day today....xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!