Followers

Saturday, April 07, 2012

Making Some Crappy Art and Playing Around...

My techie lessons are not going so good! I think I must be the dullest knife in the drawer when it comes to this stuff. But I did get a new header made even though it has some mistakes.

During the rest of my time I've been doing a little bit of art...
mostly crappy art!


I did another flower painting...Red Vase 2...but I got too carried away with the flowers and it looks like a big mess. I might gesso over it and start again with less flowers.

I also messed around with one of my other paintings. I had it printed at a print shop and I used one of the prints to change the color of her head wrap...this is what the original looked like...


And here's the other version...
I just painted over the print
and gave her a red head wrap.


I'm not sure which one I like best.
Other than that, I've not been doing much in the studio.

Thank you for all your kind comments on the post about my mother. I'm not much of a writer but I think I could have written twice as much as I did. Sometimes the words just seem to flow and that was how it was with that post. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Maybe I'll do some others like that at a later date.

11 comments:

  1. Playing is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new header is pretty, looks like you are getting on with the program. I am working on it.
    And yes, do play dear Friend, Hugs Mary


    HAPPY EASTER...bUNNY LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your flowers. Isn't that such kind of flower arrangement we just love? Lots of flowers....
    How different your girls look with that different headband. At first I liked the first one best but after a closer look I'm not sure anymore.
    Keep playing, it's so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your flowers, and don't think it too busy as the smaller flowers are in the background and don't compete with the larger ones. The painting is bright and cheerful as well. Everyone loves a large bunch of flowers!

    I would never have thought of taking a copy and then altering it. Can't choose between the two though, as both great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the version with the red head wrap best, but then red is my favourite colour!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you did a great job on your new header, better than me, because I cant even figure it out. I like the red head wrap, your girls are very beautiful and interesting in either one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janet....glad you are still having fun playing. Big smile.
    Hope you had a beautiful Easter. Ours was quiet and I liked that.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your playing... looking good, Janet! :]

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been gone so long.. your look is a'changing.
    Well for supposedly being from the generation that is tech savvy - I am no good with technology. I'm laughed at pretty often for it.

    I love the girls with the caps. You could do a whole series of "bathing beauties" with different swim caps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like both the looks, I like playing with copies too. Sometimes I like to change the entire background to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry about your tech problems. You managed to make a lovely banner! As usual, you are too hard on yourself. The red vase painting is very whimsical. I love how you repeated several different flower patterns... Wouldn't they look great as stamps? I think they would. Changing the head wrap on a print is a brilliant idea! That must have been fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!