Followers

Monday, April 09, 2012

Meet Emily...

Recently a dear friend of mine...she lives in Alabama and isn't online...had two very serious back surgeries within three days. She has a long recovery ahead of her. I wanted to make something for her and knowing she likes blue that had to be the color. This is what I painted over the weekend...

You can click on the picture to make it bigger but if you can't read the words, it says "believe you can and you're halfway there"...a quote from Teddy Roosevelt. I thought it might help inspire her when she feels bad. At least I hope it does. The girl in the picture told me her name is Emily so that's what I'm going with...Emily.


I left the skin very translucent so Emily looks delicate. In real life she doesn't look quite as blue as she does here. More like a creamy complexion.

Now I'm off to the post office to mail the package. Wrapping a 12" x 12" canvas is NOT an easy thing to do!

15 comments:

  1. Your Emily is beautiful and so is your act. I'm sure your friend will treasure this gift and appreciate your thoughtfulness.
    It looks great to leave the skintone that translucent, it gives an interesting expression. I see you've used bookpages too, I love doing that and right now I'm deep into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend will love Emily. I'm sure it will bring her much joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the emily, she does look soft and delicate, something I cant make my girls look, you have a way with those girls, and the words are perfect

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful piece, and a very inspiring quote. You're such a great friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emily is beautiful Janet! I have no doubt it will cheer your friend up! Beautiful inspirational quote will help in recovery I'm sure!! Just knowing you're loved will help too!! All the best to your friend!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emily is beautiful. I love her shapely lips and blue eyes. The background is really nice too. What a nice gift for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great quote and sentiment towards a friend. I love creating art just for that reason. Much happy healing to your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work; you wrought such a sweet personality in her.
    Your friend will be thrilled when it arrives. Well done ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. How thoughtful of you. It's a beautiful piece. Sending your friend get well wishes. <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Janet...looks like you have been busy. I am very sure that your friend will love Emily...I really like that quote too!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Any gift made with such love and concern will be a healing for your friend...hope Emily brings peace and joy and that the recovery will go well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Emily is very nice, your friend will love her,

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a thoughtful gift, Janet!
    She will be delighted :]
    I simply adore Emily's blue eyes.
    Wonderful artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are such a good friend, and I'm speaking from experience :-) Emily is carrying a lovely message that is sure to cheer up your friend. Just looking at her sweet face would do it. I wish her a quick recovery...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!