Followers

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Yes, I'm Still Here...

It's been over a month now that I've been away from this blog...and I've been getting emails from some of you asking if I'm okay!! I certainly didn't plan to take so much time but it just happened. Over the weeks I was off you might think I accomplished a lot but you'd be wrong. I think it was a bit of blog burnout and art slump all rolled into one.

Mostly I was lazy and completely uninspired. Not much art was done. I had originally planned to spend a lot of time in the studio and to stay away from the computer. I managed to do half of that...the computer part. There was a little time spent in the studio but mostly just messing around in my art journal.


This was the last page in one of my journals so I just threw on some papers, a bit of Washi tape, and some used drywall tape...that's it in the lower left corner and along the top. It looks a lot like sequin waste but it's paper and I love it. It's green because I had used it as a stencil earlier on something else. I liked the color so I just glued it onto this page.

Here's the page full-on...


I painted the face on some book paper 
that had music printed on it...
just a quickie...nothing special.

The only other journal work I did was this spread...

It's just some random strips of paper 
and stamps, stencils, the usual...




I enjoyed working with the green and brown color palette.

So now you know how un-productive I've been over the past month! And I can't even blame the hot weather because we've actually had fairly good weather this summer. Only a few days that were what I'd call really hot. Most of the time it's been beautiful. In fact, I've been spending a lot of time on the back patio reading and drinking Brazilian Lemonade. I hope you check it out because this stuff is addictive!

Tomorrow I have something new to tell you about but for now that's all. Over the next few days I promise to get back into visiting all your blogs but today is errand day here at Chez Art...groceries, post office, library, etc.

It's good to be back...I missed you all.




14 comments:

  1. Nice to *see* you! Just how many calories in the Brazilian Lemonade??!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you back Janet. I'm re-entering the blogosphere too after a false start last week. Your pages are lovely. So sad to hear you say they are nothing special. They are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the pits when the creative juices dry up Janet and I know where you are at.
    I have finally been doing some stitching after about 4 months.
    I just hope it continues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel. And You also know I love what you are doing, weather it is art or sharing that you are relaxing.
    If you go to my blog, I think you will understand what I am doing and will be for awhile.
    It's summer...enjoy it in whatever way that you are feeling good about. We will be here...I love you, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. well hello stranger! how lovely to see you. that green and brown palette is as delicious as that lemonade recipe sounds. will definitely be buying limes this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Unplugging from blogs and just keeping cool is sometimes necessary, especially in the summer. I have been away as well.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back, Janet! Sounds like you had a relaxing time. I think that taking a break from creating is often part of the creative process -- it lets our creative batterie recharge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. welcome back Janet.. I have missed you! even though you rbreak was unproductive in your words.. you still had that much needed rest and let yourself re charge!

    now that lemonade DOES look interesting...a bit of investigating here needs to take place with it for our next summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back to blogland dear friend...journal pages are looking good, love the brown and green color combo.
    Would you believe we have no limes on our tree this year, last year I was giving them away, maybe next year,I checked out that drink and will be trying it out. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janet, See you still have readers. You talk about just random papers down on a page but remember that you choose how that goes. That is your creativity coming out. I find that a great way to get started when in a slump. I love the randomness about it all. Just keep doing a little and before you know it you'll be doing so much more. Glad to see you back.

    Hugs,

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to see you back - missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Janet, I think every one of us needs a break now and then. I know I've been slower visiting, partly because of ramp up at work, partly because of more time away from easy internet and partly because even when I'm home with it, this room is on the warm side in this droughty Michigan weather. Pleased to say we are having our first rain! So, I get it. And you've done more art than I have! If it wasn't for making Shutterfly books, I'd have nothign to show for my time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So good to see you back missed it yesterday as I was out!! Beautiful pages!!

    Always love hearing from you!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!