Followers

Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Studio Is Finally Finished!

Today I began bringing things back into my studio! I took a bunch of before pictures but barely any of them came out. Not sure what happened but I was not happy when I downloaded them into the computer.

I can show you how the room came together...
It's a small room...only about 10' x 10' 
with an alcove for my computer.


This is my new work table. There's an open cabinet on the left and another one just partially visible on the right. The shelf that hangs above now has a light hanging from it...I'll get some photos of that soon.

And this is my wall of storage...


HB attached my paint carousel to one of the shelves and then attached one of my three drawer units to another shelf. It's raised just above the plug-in below so I still have access to that...plus I have a new plug-in on the bottom of the white hanging shelf above my work space and another one just at the wall by my work space...all added by HB. It's so nice to have an electrician in the family!

 This is a close-up of my three drawer unit after I added paper to the fronts. Now I don't have to look at the jumbled mess inside!

I did the backs of my bookcases using Dollar store silver metallic wrapping paper. 



I tore off pieces and wadded it up then spread it out and glued it to the backs. The three bookcases are  inexpensive and are slightly different sizes. They had those cheap cardboard backs on them so I wanted to cover that up. HB added shelves between the bookcases, and all around the top of the room like I had before.  I think I'll have lots of storage space. And my work table is about 78" long, 49" at the widest part, and 39" at the narrowest. I can walk around three sides of it and there are shelves on the wall behind it, too.

I LOVE IT!!!! Thank you, HB! You're the best!

23 comments:

  1. WOW!! You are going to make fantastic art in your studio!! LOVE all your storage and how you've planned it out! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet, your studio looks wonderful!! All that storage space is making me swoon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful, you and HB did something very special. Now you can relax and enjoy this amazing space. I want to clap..so here is my Clap! clap! Clap!
    When you get all your stuff put away you can start doing what you love...and guess what? I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! WOW! WOW! It looks great Janet!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! You're going to really enjoy your new space!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, looks terrific - youre now all ready to go!!! go make art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Janet--can I come over and play for a while?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at that!!! It looks great, and all that stoeage space. Very smart to make your workspace " walk aroundable" too. Now it's just to fill it up. Isn't it just lovely to have a handyman around the doors? Congrats on your new studio Janet, I hope you'll enjoy it alot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! It looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You two are sure the dynamic duo! It looks fantastic and I can't believe you two did it all. What a team! Congratulations to both of you on your new "addition".

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now comes the fun of putting all of your stuff back on the shelves.To me that is one of the hardest things to do...in fact you have inspiried me to clean out mine and get rid of some. I have to much, and I can not get to it easy enough.Great job you two !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Janet...you two did a really great job, it looks so fresh and beautiful! You will have everything out where you can get to it...and that work table, I love it!!! Congrats on a job well done!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great space! Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah you! Your studio looks fantastic! I'm sure there will be some fun projects coming out of that space. Mine is still in the boxing everything up stage so I can get in and paint, etc. So just a tad envious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! What an awesome job the two of you did. Everything looks absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holy supply storage batman....that is amazing! You really have made total use of the space in every way. I love how much work surface space you have. You need to take a photo standing at the door looking in....OR better yet do a walk around quick video...yea, a video. :) Your husband definitely deserves a pat on the back for sure!! Oh and is that a hing on your work surface...the silver strip going across?

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is awesome. LOVE it. You are going to have so much fun in there.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great space!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow!!! That looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The studio looks awesome, well worth the wait. Happy Creating.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How did I miss this post!! Oh my...This is so awesome!! What a wonderful supportive hubby you have!! Wonderful to have your own space that you just love!! There is so much potential and I bet you purged a bunch too so that always feels good!!
    Good job!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  22. It looks super inviting! I love everything about it. I think that you are a genius for putting that pretty toile paper to hide what's inside the drawers. I have the same drawers and I'll copy your idea... I'm so happy for you! You deserve a lovely studio as this one. Hugs to your husband. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!