Followers

Thursday, August 02, 2012

What Have I Been Doing???

If you guessed busy making art you would be wrong! Actually I'm busy dismantling my studio!! But don't worry I'm going to put it back together in a better design.

A few days ago HB and I were talking and I mentioned that when I re-did the studio a couple of years ago it worked great for what I was doing at the time but now it isn't working so good. In case you're interested in what it looked like after that re-do you can check it out here. Just scroll down past all the silliness at the top.

My biggest problem was the work table. It's only 24" deep and then I have pencils and all sorts of supplies along the back edge so that cuts it down to 18" - 20" of workable space. Just not enough!

Well, HB came up with a brilliant idea and this morning I began the tear down...


Above is looking in from the doorway. I've actually started taking things off shelves and bookcases and I have this chaos going on!


This is the other side of the room. I took an "after" photo but it came out all blurry so I can't show you my progress until maybe tomorrow.


When we did the studio back in 2010 it was just moved into what used to be an office and I didn't take the time to re-paint the walls or even paint all the new shelves that HB installed. This time I'm doing all of that. I'm going to paint the walls, the shelves and all of the bookcases...and I'll be getting a much bigger work space. One where I can walk around three sides of it!

The wall shown in the picture above will become a wall of storage with all three of my bookcases, and extra shelving to cover the rest of the wall. I have two of those 3-drawer units like the one under the work table and I plan to stack them together. I'm excited about how it will all look when I finish but I'm not excited about doing this project when it's so hot!! Over the next week it's going to be at least 100º every day and many days it will be over that. Even with cooling I still get hot...does that mean I'm a hot chick?? Maybe in my younger days but not any more!!

So wish me luck and a strong back. I'll try to post pictures of the progress but if you don't see me here for a few days you'll know I've collapsed from exhaustion!

PS - some of you have been letting me know that you can't access my blog! I'm not sure what's going on. I checked all my settings and nothing has changed. I had HB use his computer and he was able to access it okay so I'm not sure what the problem is. I hope it fixes itself because I don't know what to do.

9 comments:

  1. all I can say is WOW re your studio - havefun repainting it and getting it into the shape and access that you need and like! have fun, and keep cool! I know in summer here, doing anything like this can be exhausting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Janet that is a huge winter project you are taking on!! Be careful, stay hydrated!! Check in so with a small blurb so I don't worry!! Can't wait to see the redo. I have watched you change it many times!!

    I accessed your blog through google reader as my blog list disappeared and I can't get it back...rrr. I have a feeling they are working on blogger to sync up with all the phones,wifi, and android things happening!!

    Enjoy recreating your room!!

    Suppose to be 90 here all weekend...WAY TOO HOT for me!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try and remember that you will be so happy when its finished. Good Luck with the remodel, it will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janet, to redo your studio is quite a task. Good luck and I'm sure you'll be inspired when it's done. With that kind of warmth you have you're more than good to do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm impressed that you are taking this project on in the heat! I'm getting ready to go into my annual UGHUST hibernation!!!!! Have fun. Be careful with your back and see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just happened to find time to check on some blogs i haven't been to in a long time - can't wait to see this done - i'll check back..hope you don't get too hot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job last time and it worked for what you needed then. I know this time will be awesome too. You and HB make a great team when it comes to decorating and re-doing stuff. I'll be watching...I need some new ideas myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A girl has the right to change her mind....RIGHT? I know Arney has been very unhappy with me when all of a sudden everything must be changed. He gives me that look, that now what look? And soon we are working our butt's off on the project. We seem to work in 100 degree weather also...we love the punishment...HELP! Have fun, it will be perfect....Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds great, Janet! Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!