Followers

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Believe It or Not!!

I'm actually playing in the new studio!! I still have a few things left on my work table that need to find a home but I was able to drag out some paints and get my hands dirty this afternoon.


HB caught me through the doorway as I started putting some paint on this 11" x 14" canvas board. I have no idea where it's going but this is what I have so far...


Definitely a WIP but it feels so good to be able to put some paint on a canvas. It's been way too long. I think all our hard work has been worth it. I know I'm going to spend many happy hours at this work table.

Now I'm going to finish covering the work table with brown paper. I only got part of it done when I just couldn't wait any longer...I had to paint!

16 comments:

  1. Yippee I am so glad for you. That canvas board looks luscious already. I would think that its fun to be playing again after all this time. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bright colors.
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kate...it's been too long and I'm glad to be back playing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bright colors are what I love best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janet, it's so nice to see you back in business:). The room looks fantastic! I'm so happy for you.
    Hugs,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Janet...it's good to be back in my studio.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey girl, loving that painted canvas, the colors just pop

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah! Congratulations on your first painting in your new studio, the first of many I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Janet....great to see you back doing your art. I like where you are going with this piece. I hope your leg is better!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay Janet, that's great news. It must feel so wonderful making art again after such a long break. Your WIP looks stunning. Those vivid colours are joust...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can almost feel your joy of playing again. I'm glad for you, and your firsr canvas looks great already. Have some wonderful moments in your new studio!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YEEHAW!!!!! Like what you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay, you're painting again! I love the new piece so far.

    Now I want to start painting again, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful! Such beautiful colors! Happy creating in that lovely new space :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Janet -- this is so exciting! And I love your WIP -- all my favorite colors! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!