Followers

Wednesday, September 05, 2012

It's Slow Going...

By now I had hoped to have the new studio up and running but that hasn't happened. It's taking me much longer than I thought to get things done. Later you'll see why.


The bookcase behind my door has been filled up. That wasn't too hard to do as it's all books. I had planned to go through all of them but it was just taking too long. I'll sort them as time allows.

The second bookcase above holds much of my drawing and painting supplies plus books on those subjects. I think it might be the only part of the studio that seems to be finished.


 This third bookcase is a complete mess! And there are still things stacked on the floor and on the shelf in front of the window. I need to re-arrange all the shelves in this bookcase and that means taking everything off the shelves...big job!


I hung some art and brought back this three drawer unit to hold my beads and embroidery threads. I haven't done much of either in a long time but that was mostly because my supplies were inaccessible in the old studio. I hope now that I can get to them I might use them more often.


I thought I'd show you that I really get into my projects. This is the tee shirt and shorts that I wore almost every day during the studio re-do. I would just wash them and put them right back on again for the next day because I didn't want to mess up too many items of clothing. It was several days into the project when I realized that my outfit matched my project...turquoise and dark charcoal! I think I'll retire this outfit!

And last, I'm going to share with you why this is taking me so long. This is my right leg after about a week and a half...photo was taken this morning.


Aren't I the colorful one!

16 comments:

  1. i assume that isn't paint on your leg. amazing how long bruises last, i don't remember them hanging around this long when we were younger. hope it doesn't feel as bad as it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...that bruising is nasty!! Poor you...but it seems to be healing nicely...but what deep bruising you had!!

    On a positive note you should blow the picture of your leg up, cut out the color and do a piece of art. I see a babies face by the knee, and a flower on the shin..

    You have a lot of art supplies...like piles...wow..looking good though. Just curious how you store your completed art. I see a few pieces on the wall which looks amazing by the way.

    I think you're going to have loads of fun in there!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and you should take that outfit and frame it as a piece of art....I thought it was at first!! lol

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janet...that looks seriously bruised to put it mildly. I guess you didn't break or crack anything or you wouldn't be able to walk.
    Your studio looks great and it takes time to get everything like you want...that leg has had to slow you down.
    Take care & go slow!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wince!! That looks painful!!
    Love seeing Calypso hanging in your studio space!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well it looks like your studio will be ready soon. Sorry about your legs they do look sore. Wishing you healing and time in your studio soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch at the leg! But your studio is coming together great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH Janet, you must really have fallen hard. You are so lucky you didn't break anything. Hopefully it will ease up soon.
    Hugs♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ouch! That looks really nasty! The studio will come together in its own time, you care for that leg first! Love the gallery wall btw!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man, that looks like it's been a ton of work. Hope you can enjoy the fruits of your labor soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness...look at your leg! A work of art! I wish I could come organize with you; I LOVE that kind of thing. And organizing art supplies would be even better! I hope you are enjoying the process, because it sure is fun to watch you via blog post. (Oh gosh, I just read everyone's comments, and saw that your leg is NOT covered in paint, but in bruises...so sorry!!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh Janet. Your gorgeous gam is not up to par, is it? Heal soon girlie, cuz I have a good idea. Lets change the paint color in your studio. Bring it all out and start over. Ouch, ouch, stop hitting me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yea!! And what a BeAuTiFuL job you've done in that new studio!! Yes, you will spend many creative fun filled hours there I'm sure!! I hope that your hairstylist gives you more room to display your art for sale!! Ouch on the leg!! You really must explain!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yikes -- you ARE taking a long time to heal. I hope your face is moving along a little faster, you poor thing. I can so relate! I laughed at the book cases. We have a similar situation!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow! i hope your better now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!