Followers

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Meet Leticia...

Surprise! I actually finished the painting that I started yesterday. Now if I can just keep this going I'll be happy.

This is how the painting looked late this morning...

I was fairly happy with her but I felt she needed something else...and then it came to me. A poem my mom used to recite to me...

"there was a little girl, who had a little curl
right in the middle of her forehead
and when she was good, she was very, very good
but when she was bad, she was horrid."

So my girl got a curl!

I'm leaving the hair rather streaky because I think it looks better that way.
I used scrapbook papers for her dress.
All in all, I'm happy with how she turned out.
Oh, there are things I'd change...
but for now she's done.

12 comments:

  1. She's lovely Janet! The curl has really added that little bit of something something to her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful!!!! The curl *makes* her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The curl is a charming addition. It gives just the right touch of dash and style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's lovely. I left a comment on you Flickr page. I had that poem recited to me more times than I care to remember...mostly by my stern German Grandmother!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THE CURL WAS THE MAGIC, BUT SHE WAS ALL READY SPECIAL. I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE PAINTING, KEEP IT UP. I HAVE BEEN TO BUSY TO DO VERY MUCH ON THE COMPUTER, BUT NOW THAT BAZAAR IS OVER, THINGS WILL CHANGE, I HOPE. HAPPY FALL SWEET FRIEND, MARY

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's adorable! The whole piece has come into one and I feel like looking at it the whole day. What a great impact with all the greyish tones and so well done. Her dress, the background the shadowing it's all so freaking nice!
    What a great comeback.
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's beautiful, Janet, and it's great to see you painting again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. she's lovely Janet! The mojo is back!....and my Mom used to recite that poem to me as well.
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Janet, I love the little curl and poem. Glad to see that you are painting again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your curl on your girl! SHe is fabulous. What a lovely memory you have of your mother reciting this poem to you.
    Hugs and many blessings
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. the curl is perfect. the payne's gray face is so lovely. it's such a versatile color, my love and appreciation of it grows and grows.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this Janet!!! Love her clothes and how each side is different...the background...and that curl...awesome. I still remember how hard I laughed the first time I read that poem...and it still makes me laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!