Followers

Friday, October 12, 2012

Postcards and Bookmarks...

The weather has cooled down and it actually feels like autumn and yet my mojo hasn't returned. Each day I try to do a little something in the studio hoping that it will kick-start my creativity and get me going again.

Mostly I've been working on postcards and bookmarks...small things that don't take too much thought.

 Above are some of the postcards I've finished. Some of them were partially done and sitting in a box. I got them out, added little bits and pieces and called them done.

The same with these bookmarks. Many of them were only needing some ribbon or a little added embellishment. I still have a couple that still need ribbon. I think that means a trip to Joann's!

I enjoy making these little things. I use the sides of boxes for bookmarks and add images from magazines and any scraps of paper I have. The postcards are sometimes done on cardboard from boxes or from postcards I get in the mail. You know, the junky kind advertising something. I just cover them over and make something out of them.

14 comments:

  1. There you are, and these are really pretty. I made more bracelets yesterday, I haven't taken pictures of them yet.
    Remember, everything we do in life has something to do with a art form.
    Fall has come to our town, the leaves are changing, we have had frost almost every morning the past couple of days and rain is on it's way.
    Arney went back to work today after his eye surgery. So we move on. Big Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little things ... sometimes they bring the most enjoyment and the most mojo! Nice to *see* you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the postcards and bookmarks! They're so vibrant and colorful. :)

    I'm sorry you haven't gotten your mojo back. You're doing the right thing, though, in continuing to make things. Inspiration will hit before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your postcards and the bookmarks,are so beautifull. Very original, much to your style.
    I hope you decide to make Christmas cards, I imagine it will be beautiful.You are a super creative, and very good artist, I always come to your blog because you made beautiful and delicate work .... congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are wonderful!! Keep at it, soon you'll recover that feeling!! I know what you mean though, that feeling when you just have to create, and something wonderful transpires...I miss that too when I have lulls!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your postcards and bookmarks, Janet. It's great that you keep creating even when you haven't got your "mojo".

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems my mojo and yours are cavorting somewhere without us. How rude, after all we have done for them! Mine let me create the Dia skull, then left again. Geesh! I finally joined your site. I don't really know why becuz I have been following you for years anyway. I think I just wanted to see Ms. Wee's picture up there. LOL Have a great weekend Janet. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. These all look so pretty! I wish I could get a closer look. Works of art, every one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful piles of cards and bookmarks. and I agree that just making yourself do a little something every day is the best way to work through a creative slump. (though it sure doesn't look like a slump from where I'm sitting!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. FAntastic. post cards is all I've been doing lately too. Now... next step is to mail some!

    ReplyDelete
  11. FAntastic. post cards is all I've been doing lately too. Now... next step is to mail some!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so smart to reuse the boxes like that. Now that you mentioned it - the sides of boxes really are perfect for bookmarks! You did a great job! I love hoe it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a bunch of WIPs I must deal with sooner rather than later. Some of which are postcards and bookmarks! So you see, once again you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your postcards & bookmarks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!