Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Catching Up on Being Creative...

Okay, it's been quite awhile since I've posted anything so this will be a catch-up post...a little of this and a little of that. I think I had posted creative things up through the 19th day. I can't put actual dates on these next things but they all happened since the 19th.

 I painted three more 6 x 6 canvases...
ready for dresses.

 I repaired a small chest we have in the master bedroom.
The metal edging was coming loose all around the edges.

 These are two Christmas ornaments I started.
They aren't finished yet.

 There are always old candles around here. 
These needed a new look so I rolled them in Mod Podge
and then in Epsom salts...saw this on Pinterest.

 These are two pieces of wood from some old fence posts HB cut down.
I roughly sanded them and dabbed on some white paint.
They will become snowmen!!


This is the second dress canvas I've done.

And this is what my work table looks like right now!
I'm working on other things that I can't show yet.
But you can see I've been busy.

My back is feeling better. Thanks for all the emails and good thoughts and suggestions.
I have back problems almost every day but some times it gets really bad.
Especially when I over-do...which I did over the holiday.

HB and I have started our Christmas decorating but I'm taking it easy. I'll have photos soon and hopefully more creative things to share.

12 comments:

  1. OMGosh Janet you HAVE been busy! loving all your crafts and art! I really enjoy seeing all your art endeavours! good to see an update I have been wondering what youve been up to lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, wow, you have been busy, loving everything, I see you started the ornaments, i am going to give it a try this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy! I enjoy seeing decorations come to life. The dress is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am LOVING your art table -- and I stand in awe of all the creativity happening there. I'm not sure which great idea I'll take out of this post -- the ornaments? The epsom salts? I hope all of them!

    Glad your back is feeling a bit better -- do take care. Holidays can be rough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like lots of work in progress on the home front. Everything looks fun. Glad you are feeling a little better.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad your back is getting better...I know what you mean about over doing, we do pay dearly.
    I love the dresses, what a cute and fun idea...and since I have been going through stuff I haven't seen in years...I have found some stuff that will need some TLC.
    I am having ear pain, feel really awful...guess it must be the weather changing. Two more days and my carpet will be installed. I washed windows today. We made the trash men happy this morning..we throw away a box full of old VHS movies...he looked happy.
    Have a great day, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been busy! I can't wait to see how you turn wood posts into snowmen?! Love what you did to candles... I think I'll do the same thing to mine. You are always so inspiring! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Janet, your work desk alone shows your hard work...Love your winter girls and the dress canvases. Are you getting those ready for a show or gifts?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew you'd be back in the mess of it!! Love what you're doing, can't wait to see more!! Very excited for you....as for the back thing...me too, plus a bad knee...some days are very trying...Hope you have more better days than not. Drink more water...it feeds the muscles. Also making sure to get lots of magnesium.Glad you're in the zone!

    Big Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Janet, all the work you are doing are beautiful ... my favorites are the dresses and ornaments with design handwriting that you did

    ReplyDelete
  11. Busy busy Janet!
    Love the new art work, and your Christmas crafts are going to be great. Can't wait to see the snowmen!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good that your back is better. Janet, that dress piece is adorable. If you put that in the shop, I bet it will sell right away. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!