Followers

Thursday, November 08, 2012

Day 7 - Being Creative

Wednesdays are usually difficult for me and creating because it's the day HB and I buy groceries and run errands. Plus by the time we're finished I'm ready for a nap!

So I don't have much to show you for yesterday. I managed to make a template of a bird...

 I just used a piece of cardboard from a frozen meal

and then cut it out of some scrapbooking papers. 
I want to embellish it quite a bit more 
but I ran out of steam last night!

I also cut up those political postcards...
and managed to get quite a lot from them:
11 regular sized postcards
5 over-sized postcards (I didn't cut them)
7 bookmarks of various sizes
and 3 5 x 7 journal cards.

Not much in the way of creativity but I think today will be better. I already have some things going on and hope to have something to share tomorrow. Oh, and I baked a sweet potato pie for our "yummy" last night...that counts, doesn't it!

6 comments:

  1. Janet, even if YOU don't feel like beeing at the top of creating I'm so glad to see all the different things you have going. I really like your bird, it can be used for so many things. Ever considered using the same creation every day in a week? That can be lots of fun, and give some amazing results. Anyway, have fun creating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course it all counts. I like the bird, I am sure you will do fun stuff with it.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm I am liking the sound of that sweet potato pie! yum!

    some days are like that - just preapring the ground work for some serious art later! good work Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Janet,

    I came by your blog by way of another blog and was reading some of your post. I can totally relate to not getting things done. Sometimes I have so much floating around in my head I just can seem to pin just one thing down or get any of it down. I became a follower so that I can pop in often..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love stopping by now and then to see what you're up too. I have three projects going now and I'm anxious to finish them so I can move to something else. You're art is so inspiring for me. In a few weeks I will be opening agaller booth in our loval antique mall. I've never done this before but I feel it will give me a "purpose" to do what I love to do. I though my blog would jhelp with that but now I just have to take time to learn how to be a "blogger" ( does it ever end?) Anywoo, have a great day and know that what you do is such a blessing to those who drop in from time to time. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you're on a roll again! Cute template!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!