Wednesday, January 02, 2013

After All the Holidays...

The holidays are over and it's time to get back to being creative again. I actually did a lot over the time I've been away from my blog...mostly gifts for my daughter...but like a big dummy I didn't take pictures of any of them! I was in such a rush to get them packaged and wrapped that I didn't even think about pictures.

Some of the things I made for my daughter...a washer necklace as seen all over Pinterest, a collaged wood bracelet, and a set of coasters made from tiles. My son also made her a gift since that's what she requested from all of us. He took one of those extra-large paper mache letters (an "M" for her name) and he covered it with lots of collaged photos of them as kids and into their teen years. It turned out really nice and she loved it.

And I'm doubly bummed because this is the first time my son and daughter have been with me for Christmas at the same time in almost 30 years and all the photos I took are crappy. I thought I had my camera set for low light (we opened our gifts on Christmas night) but apparently I didn't because all the pictures I took have that orangey dark look and nothing I've tried has improved them.

This is some of the brown paper I stamped to use as wrapping paper this year. I also did reindeer and Santa. Everyone liked it.


Right before all the holiday stuff began I was working on those little dress canvases. Here's another one I finished...


And I finally made something for Laila who had sent me that beautiful wall hanging months ago. I did this for her...it's on an 8 x 10 canvas panel.


Other than that I have just been puttering in the studio. Lots of ideas percolating but nothing started yet.

Yesterday I did a lot of this...



Today I'm cleaning up the studio and trying to get ready for some projects that I'm thinking about. I hope your holidays were great and that you're feeling creative in this New Year.

17 comments:

  1. I have to smile, I didn't touch my camera once during Christmas. I always do so this was not normal for me. Love the stamped paper and the dresses. I'm still so happy with all you sent me.
    When it comes to my project, I'll tell you all about it in the beginning of April. It's so interesting, at least for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to have your son & daughter both with you at Christmas, and what a shame about the photos.

    Look forward to reading about more of your creative endeavours in 2013 - happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get your daughter to send you photos of what you made....I'd love to see them!! Now is your opportunity to play with Photobucket...throw your photos in there and take out the orange edit the brightness and intensity of color!! Send me one photo and let me try one for you!!!

    LOVE LOVE LOVE your banner...very inspirational!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new banner! Oh don't worry, I do that all the time. But I suppose you could get your daughter to take pictures of what you made? Happy new year Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The important thing ... you enjoyed your family. Great to *see* you. Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that feeling of disappointment with photos all too well! So sorry to hear about that... And all that creativity we DIDN'T get to witness! But your family is so lucky to have what you made! Happy New Year girl :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. my houseguests are still here and cant get much done while they are here... I do like the photo of you with your feet up, thats what I'm planning to do when they leave!

    love those dresses art too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janet I am happy that your family were with you in this special time , and I wish that 2013 be for you many blessings, health, peace and love.
    I love your dresses that you do, especially I like that with newspaper on the backgrown.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had the perfect Christmas Janet. Lovely for you to have your family with you. It sounds like the perfect Christmas to me!

    Your little dress canvases are so sweet. As is the last photo in your post. You look very comfy (as does your kitty). My kitties would love that scratching post!
    May 2013 bring many wonderful experiences your way.

    Dot xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had the perfect Christmas Janet. Lovely for you to have your family with you. It sounds like the perfect Christmas to me!

    Your little dress canvases are so sweet. As is the last photo in your post. You look very comfy (as does your kitty). My kitties would love that scratching post!
    May 2013 bring many wonderful experiences your way.

    Dot xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love those little dresses...
    and that you made so many of your gifts.

    I've been playing a lot on Pinterest saving some different things to make this year...I am feeling very creative...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you chilled out and were surrounded by those you love -- and all of them! I love your dress pieces -- and the wrap! Isn't it good to get creative again?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally missed the Rose Parade this year. I recorded it and the channel I chose to record had nothing be interference on its satellite. I finally gave up and erased it. Give me back my analogue TV.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year, Janet! I agree that your daughter needs to take some pictures of her gifts and send them to you so you can show us. Looking forward to another year of your creativity and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year, Janet! I love all the handmade gift-giving that went on in your family...so special! You'll still treasure those photos, even if the lighting is poor. They can still bring back the memories! I love the canvas you did for Laila...gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I live the new look its more colorful and vibrant like you are. You should have your daughter take some pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I live the new look its more colorful and vibrant like you are. You should have your daughter take some pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!