Monday, January 07, 2013

Monday Catch-up...

Yesterday I didn't show my progress on the 30 day project or my daily journal card so I'll do that today. But first I want to show you what I did when I couldn't sleep last night...

 I don't know if it's finished yet or not. Somehow it seems too plain. I'm thinking about adding some small black leaf shapes on the stems...not sure yet.

A close-up of the leaves

Here is day six of my 30 day project...

I added the red using a stencil.
I didn't like it but I'm sure it will
be covered before too long.

Then today I added some yellow...
 I used the edge of a credit card

Close up of some of the yellow.
I like it...subtle but still there.

And last here's my journal card from yesterday...
Still looks really bad
but I'll keep practicing and maybe I'll improve.

So far today I haven't done a card but the day isn't over yet. Maybe this afternoon I'll make one. I'm doing laundry and enjoying having my son back here again. He spent a week with his sister and came back last night. 

8 comments:

  1. Your leaves are stunning. The whole expression looks so peaceful. It's nice to follow your slow art too, I like the red stencils, but perhaps they make another expression than you were searching for. I'm impressed by your one line drawing. Haven't tried it yet,but I have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those leaves!! So much movement...and the yellow on the other project gives it depth!! Well done!! That is such a great idea the 30 day project!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE those leaves!!
    Your continuous line girls are continuously improving!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow those leaves are stunning, I just might have to borrow your technique on those leaves, love your line drawings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving this palette. One of my favorite bunches of colors! Maybe you should get up in the night more often!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Polka dots on leaves! I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the leaves. Your line drawings are not as bad as you think.i like them.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the leaves. Your line drawings are not as bad as you think.i like them.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!