Followers

Thursday, January 10, 2013

More Seeds and Pods and Leaves...

Thanks for all your comments about the Late Bloomer article yesterday. I hope you continue to check out Teresa's blog and learn about other artists who get started late in life.
***************************************************
I've decided to save my 30 day project pictures and my journal card pictures for one post each week. In the meantime I finished another seed/leaf/pod picture...





This piece is a combination of colored pencil and markers. I used the Goo Gone technique (that I linked to yesterday) on the blue parts of the pods, and markers on the seed sections. I really like the way I can blend the colored pencils using that technique. It almost comes out like I've used markers.

For some reason I seem to be drawn (bad pun!) to these pod-leaf shapes right now so I'm just going to see where it takes me. So far I'm having fun with them. I think they might become cards and prints very soon.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Janet,

    Here I am catching up with blogs after a self-imposed break from the blogging world.

    I LOVE all your seed pod/leaf art!! Quite striking!

    Have a lovely weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are really striking, and how nice with that soft shadow. Ever thought of incorporate them in a mandala?

    ReplyDelete
  3. as you know I love all your art work, but leaves and pods are my favourite things, I love them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janet, I have not visited for a while . . . but got reminded of your wonderful art when reading your interview on Teresa's "I'm A Late Bloomer" blog. I love your bright and cheerful colors and your art is just so much fun.
    I notice a post under, you might also like, titled Playing Cards...Or Not. I'll be going there next. I have been having fun with the Queen Of Hearts she has become my valentine muse.
    Have a marvelous day.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pods, I will have to check out the technique you spoke of. It does look just like marker. xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet - Your pod work is gorgeous - visually striking and memorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so pretty, always you find color that pulls me in.
    We have a fire going in the woodburner...it will be about 2 tonight.
    I am so happy you watch Downton Abbey...it is my favorite thing on TV. I like Bates so much. I just know he will be back at Downton soon. I think there are loads of people watching it this new season. I hadn't shared my watching of this show until now because somehow I didn't think anyone would even know what I was talking about...Wrong!!!!
    Big Hugs girlfriend, see you at the Abbey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I'm catching up. I saw Teresa had posted another late bloomer was out but hadn't checked it out yet. I will definitely do it now! And your pods are gorgeous as always!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!