Thursday, January 17, 2013

Painting Newspapers...

The mystery of the envelope continues. If you don't know what I'm talking about go to the previous post and read about it. You might be able to solve the mystery!
******************************************

I continue to make papers. After watching the videos I told you about in my last post I had to try out the techniques. This time I used newspaper and added sprays, stamps, and whatever was at hand...




 I even saved the piece of paper towel where I stamped off the excess from a foam stamp. It all gets used! I like using newspaper because it's thin and works really good in collages. I first put down some streaks of gesso like in the video...I didn't completely cover the newspaper but used enough to give the inks someplace to land.
*****************************************************

For quite sometime I have had some Magic Stamp moldable foam sheets. I bought it and then forgot about it until my son brought in an interesting piece of wood the other night. I grabbed it and said "no, you can't burn that!" This is what I did with it...

I love the texture of the wood and it made a great stamp. I just stamped it on a coffee filter because it was handy.

I'll have an update on my 30 day project soon. I just haven't posted the pictures yet. It's coming along and so far I like it. I'm sure at some point I'll decide to cover up something on it. 

Okay, I'm off to get a hair cut today. I look like a shaggy dog!! 

10 comments:

  1. love the look of everything, i will go and watch the video, you and i must be on the same hair schedule, I was just going to phone and make an appoitment to get my hair cut (lol) where did you get the modable stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should enjoy your seal. someday appear and who sent it to you.
    I love what you're doing with the newspaper, the colors and design are beautiful.
    Hug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ended up spending ages on that woman's youtube channel. She had some fun stuff. Love what you did with the newspaper. And that stamp made from the wood...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your stamp, good idea to use the firewood. Painted papers looks great too, always good to stack up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been very busy painting away. I like the surface you get with newspaper and it's great for adding to your journal. That wood is wonderful, what kind is it? xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. after your link yesterday I watched a bunch of those videos and now seeing your newspapers I'm even more excited to try it. the weekend is right around the corner...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Painting on newspaper is something I have yet to try...looks like you had a good time. Never thought of using wood as a stamp...brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your stamp is so much more interesting than the store bought ones! I think I have that moldable foam stuff somewhere in the studio, you inspired me to go and look for it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Janet...wow...you are posting almost every day...wonderful!!! I love the seed pod drawing you did....and all the painted papers...those are fun to make, aren't they? Sorry, I haven't been around very often lately...both of our mothers have been sickly lately.
    Have a great weekend!!!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the idea of painting on newspaper, yours have come out so well, as have the paper towels. Look forward to seeing them appear in future work. Each time I come to your blog I invariably learn something new.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!