Sunday, February 24, 2013

Another Year at The Oscars...




If you're new to my blog you might think I'm crazy but if you've visited here for a few years then you know what's happening...the Oscars! That's right...it's time for my big night out on the town. And remember, this is all taking place in my fantasy world.

As always I began by shopping for a dress. I found several that I liked and then had to make a choice.

The little number above is by Oscar de la Renta 
and is $11,390.00 so I had to pass on it. Too much moo-la!
But I think it's beautiful.

Donna Karan at $299.00 is better on my wallet but just not quite right.
Too much like a Greek goddess.
And it looks like $299!

I thought about going with some color...by David Meister at $2175.00

In the end I went with a simple black dress
by Donna Karan at $3295.00 
It's been chilly lately 
and those long sleeves might feel good.

I chose a strappy little shoe that will probably kill my feet 
but what the heck...it's only one night.

They're by Stuart Weitzman at $585.00

Since my dress is fairly plain
I thought I'd be a little crazy when it came to my purse...


This a Russian Egg crystal clutch by Judith Leiber at $4795.00!!

I'll be wearing these diamond hoop earrings...


by KC Designs at $2165.00

I had a hard time deciding how to have my hair done this year.

This is classic and elegant but not quite me.
Too tame!

This is more like it! Short and sassy
but still elegant enough for a big night out.
(Plus I like this face 
and might have to draw her!)

Now for the important part of the whole evening...who will my date be this year?? I had calls from several handsome guys...


but finally decided to go with George Clooney. I admire his humanitarian work, I hear he has a great sense of humor...and oh, yeah, he's not bad to look at either!

I think we'll make a gorgeous couple. Of course we'll be hounded by the paparazzi and I'm sure there will be lots of photos in all the newspapers Monday morning. Be sure to look for me. I'll send air kisses to all of you as we walk down the red carpet!

Later we'll be seen at all the right parties where we'll eat some incredible food and drink lots of champagne...I can't wait to see what Wolfgang Puck serves this year. And I'm sure we'll dance the night away. I hope my feet hold up in those shoes...if not I'll just take off the shoes and go barefoot! That should guarantee a few photos in the news. After we've made the rounds George will whisk me away in his limousine...and I'll leave it there as I don't want everyone to share in our most private moments!! You will excuse me tomorrow if I don't post anything until late in the day...I'm sure I'll be sleeping in after all the festivities.

If you would like to read about some of my past Oscar adventures you can see them hereherehere, and here. Now I'm off to spend the day being pampered and getting ready for tonight. See you there!!

image from Google Images

Art will resume after today...please stay tuned!

33 comments:

  1. Love it! I really do think that between your gown hair, jewels and date, you'd be the most photographed woman on the red carpet! I love Oscar night and just saw a nice piece on Sunday Morning about Harry Winston and the jewels. Something simple, I think. I'd love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always fun to do this post. I enjoy pretending with the clothes and hair.

      Delete
  2. So glad that you are making it to the Oscars this year. Just love the dress and that hair style, that's what I would have chosen, very sassy. George should think himself lucky that you will be on his arm. Enjoy the night, the champagne and the limelight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Oscar posts. I was wondering yesterday what you would be wearing! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always enjoy picking out my dress and shoes.

      Delete
  4. Janet, this year's selections are outstanding! The accessories and your hair are perfect. Have a wonderful time :)
    Hugs,
    Janet xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. At first look, I adored the fuschia gown, but you're right the black is classic and you won't be freezing like in the strapless. Love the hoop earrings, and that adorable egg bag too. As much as I like all your previous handsome dates, I think that George has a lock on the best, the most, the absolutely eveything..Always! Please do draw that face with the luscious lips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. George is simply perfect!

      I'll try to do that face...I might not be able to make it look as pretty as the actual woman though.

      Delete
  6. That George is a heck of a lucky guy to have you by his side. How on earth would he do it without you? Have fun and have an extra sip of champagne for me. You're going to look the best! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. loving your choices, even that prennial bachelor George Clooney, I only hope you can catch his eye and heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to steal his heart!

      Delete
  8. What a great selection - I love your choice. You look very stylish dear Janet - I hope you have a wonderful time! Look out for me! I will be on the arm of Johnny Depp! lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice choice of date! Johnny Depp has been my date on two other Oscars...have fun!

      Delete
  9. I wait for your Oscar preparations more than for the show itself. I was wondering the last couple of days who will your date be. Must say - I approve :-). You will look like a sculpture in that black dress!!! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorite blog posts each year. I'm glad you enjoy it.

      Delete
  10. George is going to be a great Oscar date! And like always you will be stunning in this beautiful black dress, and the purse is amazing. I won't be there this year, but I will be watching on our big screen TV. I love the hair do you have picked, it is so you. I will not tell HB if I see him give you a pat on the bottom. Have a great time, don't drink to much, but dance all night if you can!!!! I love you, Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary...sorry you won't be there but I'll wave to you.

      Delete
  11. LOVE your choices. Those shoes are da bomb!Have fun tonight. I will too.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they gorgeous?! I'd probably break my neck if I really tried to wear them but for tonight they're perfect.

      Delete
  12. Oh, Yes! The Donna Karen for sure - and nice Date, he's a cutie! Have fun ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmm, dress number one, always wanted to be able to pull one like that off and with hair number two....fun fantasy world. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I loved dress #1, too...what's not to like about an Oscar de la Renta!!

      Delete
  14. I forgot about your grand Oscar tradition. You must have looked fabulous. I didn't watch this year - sorry I missed you and George.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay, Karen...there's always next year!

      Delete
  15. Janet,

    You looked stunning and I can see that you have a fabulous time. I love your Oscar posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate...I like doing the Oscar posts.

      Delete
  16. Elegant and confident and a little bit wild. That's you. And best of all - you were the jewel on George's arm. No one was pay a bit of attention to HIM.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Killer outfit!! Love what you picked...I am a black dress gal myself!! Joy Behar even wore a black dress to her daughters wedding... Shoes would kill me but they are awesome...but the best part....the purse...gotta have that purse!! I love Georges new beard.... I saw you...the hair...well it was a hit!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!