Followers

Friday, February 15, 2013

Face #14...and Some Snail Mail Goodies

It feels good to be caught up with the faces. I'm always a day behind in posting but that's okay. Here is the face I did last night...


I saw a photograph online of a girl with hair like this and I knew I had to draw it. I did some fast chalk pastel on her but she needs more help. I think I might like to do a larger version of this...she's only about 4" x 4"...if I do I'll paint her rather than use the pastels. She's a bit orange!!


****************************************************
I've also been getting some great things in the mail.

Laila and I did an ATC swap and these are the cards she sent.
I love them...thanks, Laila!

Andria and I traded bookmarks and she also sent
this great stitched heart.
Beautiful...thanks, Andria!

And this is a gorgeous postcard I received from 
Karen ...I wish you could see this in person.
There's so much texture on this card.
It's great...thanks, Karen!!

That's all for now. It's a beautiful sunny day with highs expected in the upper 60's so I think my son and I are getting out to do some thrift store shopping. I like looking for things I can use in the studio. We both like rummaging through old stuff looking for "treasures"...I'll show you if I find anything good.

21 comments:

  1. she looks great, and will also look good bigger, I love thrift shopping, wish I was coming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could come along, too...that would be fun!

      Delete
  2. Her hairstyle is similar to how I used to be 2-3 years ago. I'm blond, otherwise it's the same. With this challenge,you'll build up a huge amount of "sketches" for future work. Smart thing to do. It's fun trading, and always exciting to check the mailbox when something is on its way. Enjoy the day with your son.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hairstyle is what drew me in when I saw it. I'd never be able to pull off that look!

      Delete
  3. Have fun treasure hunting! Love your girl and what wonderful swap art you received!!!! YeeHaw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snail mail is the best!

      Delete
  4. Oh my... Janet! YOU HAVE BEEN BUSY, LOVE IT ALL :]
    I am getting caught up myself, back from my trip... visiting all my favorite Blogs.
    # 14 is a beauty, indeed.
    Keep going with the challenge, you are creating some wonderful pieces here. ~xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, April...I think I'll finish this challenge because it's so much fun.

      Delete
  5. Glad to see you enjoying the 29 faces...me too!! Wonderful treasures you received too!! Have fun shopping!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...29 faces is definitely fun!

      Delete
  6. Now you have done it...#14 is my favorite so far. I love her black hair, the cut is perfect. You are making special pieces, love them. your, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janet - your girl is great!! I really like the shadow her hair is casting on her face too. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Michelle...shading and shadows are my weakest part of drawing.

      Delete
  8. I really like her. I even like the placement of your name along her neck. I can see why you felt like you had to draw her when you saw her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Teresa...I knew the minute I saw her that she was going to be a drawing.

      Delete
  9. Oh what a hip chick you drew. Love that asymetrical hair. Also goodness coming in the mail.....isn't it the best. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, snail mail is fun when it's from my arty friends.

      Delete
  10. Your faces are my favorites! Love them -- and what fun things you received -- so well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just love your lady. Although I have only done one so far I do love one-eyed ladies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!