Followers

Thursday, February 07, 2013

Face #6 of 29 Faces Challenge

Since Wednesday is my busy shopping day I didn't have much time for art yesterday. I quickly drew out a face using my non-dominant hand...




This is drawn in an old book about cats that I'm using as my art journal. I darkened the pencil lines so you could see them and I will paint her at a later time. I like using my non-dominant hand once in a while...it keeps things interesting.

*****************************************

I worked in that same art journal this morning but on something different...




This is not finished.
In fact since I took the picture a few minutes ago 
I've added small white dots all around
each red dot.

I like having several ongoing pages to work on in my journal. Sometimes I just have a couple of minutes to do something so if I have partially finished pages I can quickly add some new layer or just a few dots...anything to just keep adding to it.

********************************************

And last but not least, I recently did a trade with Lee
and this is what she sent to me...

I love love love her girls!
Isn't this one fantastic!

and would you believe this is the backside!
I would have been happy to just get this!

If you don't already know Lee you owe it to yourself to check out her blog.
You won't be sorry. She does such fun and quirky faces and so much more.

This is what I sent to her...

I got the better end of this trade!

14 comments:

  1. Great trade you got there. I love yours too! Have fun with the 29 faces. I did it last year so I am passing this one by. Love seeing what you have been doing.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate...this is one challenge I haven't done before so thought I'd give it a try.

      Delete
  2. I love your girl with your non dominate hand, and thanks for mentioning me in your blog, I am going to show what you gave me tommorow on my blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome...you know I love your art!

      Delete
  3. Your art journal looks very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them all and your journal looks great. Thanks Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. youre both amazing artists - you and Lee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...Lee is one of my favorites.

      Delete
  6. Working with the non-dominant hand -- good for you -- she's great! Fun journal pages. I'd say your swap was a great success -- lovely ladies from lovely ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great trade, love that non dominant hand drawing......so good. xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. My non dominant hand seems useless except suporting. I so admire those paintings of yours, and your trade is great. So absolutely Lees girl. She's an amazing artist, and so are you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I realy like that piece from Lee!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!