Followers

Friday, February 08, 2013

Face #7 of 29 Faces...and a Stencil

Before I show you the face I want to show you what I worked on for a couple of days. I love stencils but there's no place around here where I can buy interesting ones. So I make my own a lot of the time.

This time I wanted to make the little triangle stencil like Julie Balzer has. I looked at her stencil and then figured out how to mark off the triangles (it's all straight lines) on a sheet of cardstock. I used my craft knife and a metal ruler and cut them out. I won't lie to you...it takes some time and my finger got tired but I finally did it! It isn't perfect but that's okay with me.

This shows part of it cut out.

and here's the finished stencil. Sorry Julie! I see videos about making all kinds of your own art supplies so I think this is the same.

I used the stencil along the edge of the page with the face I did last night. 

This is a page in my art journal where I just cleaned off my brush with some red paint. I drew the face and then used a very fine brush and thin black paint to do the lines. I guess I could have used ink but the paint was handy.

 I also added the stencil to my ongoing art journal spread...


Now I'm off to work on some more stencils 
and maybe some new stamps, too.

24 comments:

  1. Wow I am impressed with your cutting out all those triangles, but it looks like it was worth it. Great stencil and so versatile. Your face looks like a soux indian, especially with the stencil as well. Love that splash of red.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cutting the stencil took some time but it was worth it.

      Delete
  2. Your new stencil looks great. All it takes is time and patience. I just don't seem to have that lately. You make me want to play in my journal. I'm making fairies today but I may have to play tomorrow. Stencils are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool, I like your stencil. Got me to think about that crafting knife I have to buy, perhaps tomorrow. Nothing wrong in making ones own stash, makes it even more personal.
    I agree with Linda, your stencil make the girl look like an indian. Your journal spread looks good so far, I'm looking forward to see it done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knows when the journal spread will be done! I just keep going until I reach a point where it seems to stop.

      Delete
  4. love love the page,and the stencil, I did buy jullies stencil like that one, if you ever see one you want tell me, and I will send you one, my little scrapbook store sells all of them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lee...I'll think about it.

      Delete
  5. love your stencil and art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janet so pleased to see you again. Love your faces and you inspired me to get some stencils out again!
    ManonX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Manon...I like to use stencils all the time.

      Delete
  7. WOW!!! LOVE the stencil and the amazing paint face! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE! You BRAVE artist! YOU Make beautiful art! lol
    so cool Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your new stencil is great! I love that you had the patience to sit and cut out all those triangles! Also your face on the mop up page is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worked on it off and on for several days.

      Delete
  10. Wow...you did a great job cutting. Like most everyone has already said, I don't have that kind of patience! I love exacto knife cutting, but my hand gets tired a lot more easily than it used to. Great face, I like all the faces you've been doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hand gets tired, too...that's why it took me so long to cut this stencil.

      Delete
  11. Wow, nice work with that stencil, Janet! When you can make your own art supplies and tools, I say, Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always looking for ways to save money on art supplies!

      Delete
  12. Wow, I love your stencil! It looks awesome on your journal pages.

    I haven't had much luck using a craft knife to make stencils. I'm thinking of using a paper punch, instead. I have a decent collection of those. I'll let you know how it turns out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have many punches but I'm sure they would work. Let me know if you do it.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!