Saturday, February 09, 2013

Face #8 and Another Look at Face #7

Yesterday's face (I'm always a day behind everyone else) is just a sketch right now. Since I'm not working really small some days I can't finish a face in a day especially since most of these are sketched out at night. Here's the one I did last night...


I have a lot of work to do on her face. She looks too ordinary and I want a much more exotic look so today the eraser will be my best friend.

After looking at the face from the 7th I decided she needed just a tiny tweak...

I added the three black circles at the bottom.
I'll probably work on them a little more as they seem to be at an angle.

And here are the two current faces side by side in my journal...


Today I'm watching a video about painting faces.
I hope I pick up some new techniques and tips.
If you're interested in the video it's at OneLittleHouse.com
(You will have to join the ning site) 
Then look under "groups" and there is a FREE group
called 100ish Paintings.
So far I've watched her paint a bird and now a face...both are really good.

That's it for now. I hope you all have a fun weekend...

14 comments:

  1. your faces are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you...I appreciate all your comments.

      Delete
  2. What a big difference it made that you've filled in with black at her forhead. I couldn't even remember these sircles from yesterday.She is beautiful and so is the new one. Nice to see them side by side, and it get me thinking that you're making youe own version of facebook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now if I could just make as much money as the other facebook!

      Delete
  3. Fabulous Janet, loving your elaborite head attire for the ladies. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Corrine...I don't like to paint hair!

      Delete
  4. Your updated face is amazing..she was really pretty before, but adding more leaves/ feathers has really made her stand out. The new face looks cool too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carin...I felt she needed a little something more!

      Delete
  5. I'm enjoying your series of faces - keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are looking good, Janet! :]
    Love seeing your progress. ~xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks April...I hope I can finish the challenge.

      Delete
  7. Hellow sweet friend, you have been a very busy girl. I can't wait for all that you will do. I am happy to say we had sun yesterday and it was in the 40's. After all the very cold nights and days, it was a real treat. Today I take Finn to see the Vet again, he is doing just fine. He lets us put the eye meds in, we are getting better at it.
    I am doing things upstairs with my new desk and laptop. I will always love my desktop computer, but it is nice to have a choice since I love my new bedroom. I am doing little things here and there, but the next big project up there will be a place for all our books and things that we love to see. I really plan to do mostly my family research on that computer, but all my scanning and printing will be here.I am looking forward to spring..I am looking forward to outside after this very cold winter...I love you girlfriend, Mary:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!