Monday, February 11, 2013

Finished #8...I'm behind!

This week I'm going to have to step it up to catch up with the 29 Faces Challenge. It usually takes me more than one day to finish a face and this weekend I was busy so didn't get anything new sketched out. I did finish face #8...


Since she is side by side with face #7 
I decided to give her some paint smears, too.

I like how they look together.
***************************************************
Lee had some links to interesting tutorials on her blog yesterday and one of them was something I tried. It was by Jane Davies and she was doing some postcards. Here are the ones I did...


I've done something similar in the past but I liked how she added squiggly lines. You can see where I did that here...

 If anyone wants to trade just let me know which one you want.  

Okay...I'm off to draw more faces!

NOTE:
I just added some things to the postcards.


and here they are individually...






NOW I'm off to draw faces!

26 comments:

  1. The latest one has such beautiful eyes and such a great two pager. I am doing mine in batches, as I would never have time do one each day but also keeping them small and easy to do. Love the colour combinations on your postcards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your faces and your smears!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous jane-inspired postcards. I haven't had a chance to watch the video yet, but I got one of her actual postcards in the mail in response to the one I sent to save her post office. I'm loving the big color smears behind your faces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Karen...I sent her a postcard, too but not one of these.

      Delete
  4. I was looking at your work, and watching your girls, that are beautiful, but, also I see the postale that I love, the colors are fabulous.
    And besides I think that I like your work, there is something that makes me follow your blog, and you're like me, restless you never walk in a single project, your creativity moves from side to side and this is that makes very interesting to follow your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I do go from project to project mostly because I get bored with what I'm doing.

      Delete
  5. They looks great side by side, and the color smears suits their expressions I think. Lovely cards too, and the last one is my favorite. Reminds me of a beach bar having coffee. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! It does look like that.

      Delete
  6. love all the bright colours today

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice duo- lookes great together

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic postcards. Love orange red turquoise and black!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the way the smears compliment the faces! great duo there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the girls and the smears, and the postcards, I really have to try it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the postcards were fun to do and very easy.

      Delete
  11. OH MY GOSH! Look at all this eye candy...love it, love you, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. I Love the postcards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marvelous faces and the smears of paint just pop...those post cards rock. Love the collages and the colors. xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the black and white with that slash of blue (or red). And those cards -- I'm being redundant but you really do inspire me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!