Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I'm Behind Again...

Once again I'm behind on the 29 Faces Challenge...I sound like a broken record, don't I??! Never fear, I'll get caught up. For now I only have two very basic sketches to show you and I'm only showing part of each one.

Face #17
There's more to her but I don't want to show that yet. I will paint this face and then show the entire piece.

Face #18
The same goes for this one, too...much more to show but later. Both of these faces are sketched in the old cat book that I'm using as my art journal. There's only a light layer of gesso on each page so some of the pictures are still showing through. That may or may not change as I continue on with these two faces.

I seem to get too involved in sketching a face and then I want to paint it and make an entire piece but if I'm going to finish 29 faces this month I need to stick with quick sketches that I can finish at a later time. The book I'm working in is fairly large so it takes some time to do an entire page with a face.

I'm off to get a hair cut today. It's been cold and windy and all the surrounding mountains have snow on them. It looks beautiful...and that's where I like to keep snow...far away from where I am!

19 comments:

  1. Falling behind is the most easy thing to do, but it dosen't matter as long as you're doing these great sketches. These two are going to be special, I can see so much. You are working in a cat book and I'm trying to make some cats right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plus I have two cats who love to "help" me in the studio!

      Delete
  2. Your sketches are looking beautiful, Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't we all behind always, that's how I feel most of the time. I think you are doing a remarkable job at these faces, can't wait to see them finished. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Corrine...I've been trying to work on them in between doing some new ones. I'll get there sooner or later!

      Delete
  4. Oh, Janet, I'm behind in my drawing challenge, too. I guess what matters is that we do our best when we can and if we're not ready to do that, give it a rest till we can. I do like these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanie...I'm giving it my best try.

      Delete
  5. cant wait to see the finished pieces, because these ones look great, sisnce we are on the same hair schedule, I better make my appointment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to get my hair cut for something coming up. Didn't want to look like a shaggy dog!

      Delete
  6. Janet,
    i think you are doing great. Just keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate...I'm giving it my best try.

      Delete
  7. Ay Yi Yi Janet. Hootchie wa wa these are looking good, even unfinished. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! Thanks, Judie!

      Delete
  8. I agree...there is no better place for snow than far away from me too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the only place for it!

      Delete
  9. I imagine that these two faces are going to be very nice. I love the backgrund They are a very stylized, it gives elegance.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!