Tuesday, February 05, 2013

More Faces...But the Same

I haven't had a lot of time to experiment with the 29 Faces Challenge (link over in the right column) so most everything looks the same each time. When I sit down in the evening to sketch, the same face keeps showing up. I want to break out of this habit and I hope by the end of this challenge I have accomplished that.

Here is what I did for day 3... 

She isn't completed yet. I plan to "busy" her up a bit more.


And here is what I did for day 4... 

 This was something I had started a couple of months ago. I only had one face and the leaves  drawn in so I just began adding more faces all around. This is what I mean by them all looking the same...


So far today I haven't done a face but I will.

*******************************************
I also said I'd catch you up on my 30 day painting project. I have to confess that I took some days off from it during the end of January and then picked back up again this month. These are some of the stages it went through in January...

This was day 18
I added the turquoise leaf shapes.

Day 19
I added black around the leaf shapes.

This is day 20 & 21 combined 
because I forgot to take a picture on the 20th!
I know the photo says day 20 but it isn't.
On day 20 I added lots of yellow.
On day 21 I added red.

I'll share the rest of this project sometime next week. I don't want to overload you with pictures today. 

22 comments:

  1. Wow I didn't think it could get better every stage looks awesome....love watching the evolution of that 30 day challenge!! Good job...haven't started the 29 day challenge yet but I want to!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do it! I'd love to see the faces you'd create.

      Delete
  2. Love this challenge, very inspiring!!
    Great work. :]
    This is such a great experience, Janet... you will have grown so much at the end of this challenge.
    Enjoy... ~xx

    **p.s. looking forward to watching your progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, April...I hope I grow and learn from this challenge.

      Delete
  3. Marvelous faces in your tangle of lines, love that. Your faces are so good and the hat is particularly serious. Nice on your 30 day, will be interesting to see it done done. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be glad when I finish the 30 day project. I have no idea how it will turn out!

      Delete
  4. Your day 3 girl looks very interesting. I didn't realise it was a hat she's wearing, more like a high collar. I'm excited to see what you'll make of her. Your slow art is developing nice too. How much you have going at the moment, a good spiral to be in. Enjoy making all your lovely art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what she's wearing yet but I think it's a head covering/hat thing attached to her collar. When I have time to work on her again I'll see where it takes me.

      Delete
  5. wonderful and fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously love everything about this post! Love that you added faces to your tangle (so cool!), and love the progress shots of your painting too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. your faces do not look all alike, I think every face is different, and unique, and I love that challenge picture,its so beutiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow - I love the direction you've taken with your 30 day painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen...I don't know where it's going but it's fun!

      Delete
  9. My faces often look the same to me too, so I moves eyes out or closer...make noses wider or narrower...foreheads wider and smaller. It's amazing how much a face changes with just a small adjustment. I love your colorful piece here Janet. It has that burst of botanical beauty...a lot like Flora Bowley's paintings. Gorgeous!

    Your little trading art pieces in the post below are so pretty...I think we have a set of the same stamps...the round one with dots. That one is a favorite and I use it a lot.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you may knoe, I love dots and circles so that stamp set is one of my favorites, too.

      Delete
  10. Am loving your faces, especially your day 4. Your 30 day is fascinating me, as to how it stays so cohesive and yet has changed quite a lot. If that had been me doing it, it would have looked like a dog's dinner by now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To tell you the truth, I'm completely surprised about the 30 day painting. It's much more fun than I thought it would be and I'm happy with the results.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!