Followers

Monday, February 25, 2013

We Now Resume Normal Life...

What a night! George dumped me and then had the nerve to walk the red carpet with Stacy Keibler!! But who could stay mad at him...he looks so darn handsome with a beard. I ended up having a lot of fun hanging out with a group of women and we gossiped about all the dresses and hair styles.

******************************************

And now back to normal, every day life!
I finished one of the faces I showed earlier...

Her Cat Went Everywhere With Her

I guess you could say this is my version of The Cat in the Hat!

This piece is done in my altered art journal. The cat shape was printed on the page and when I gessoed the page I didn't gesso over the cat. One day as I was flipping through the book I just "saw" the cat sitting on top of someone's head and this is what I came up with. I painted over the cat and tucked it inside the woman's head wrap. I'm happy with how she turned out.

I almost have all 29 faces sketched out so I'll show them all to you in a few days. This one is #18 and she is finished. Some of the others are just sketches that I might eventually turn into paintings. I think I'll make prints of this one.

41 comments:

  1. I love this!! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is gorgeous! WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cat went with her....! You have great talent and such a sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Sharon...I'm blushing

      Delete
  4. Janet!! This girl is amazing!! The shadowing and shading is masterful and her skin color is gorgeous!! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Michelle...ditto on the blushing!

      Delete
  5. OMg I love this one, the head wrap, you are the master of the head wrap, the skin color, the girl, I love love this one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Lee...I had fun with her.

      Delete
  6. This is one of my favorite pieces of yours! Your cat lady is beautiful, and she reminds me of so many other cat ladies I know/admire. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks...I love cats.

      Delete
  7. Wow Janet, this is a really fun piece. Her face is so pretty and I love the way the cat is all curled up in her hat. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A masterpiece I would say! It's all been said but the one thing that strikes me is how delicate it appears inspite of the color use. That is not an easy thing to achieve. You're so definitley back in the saddle. I simply love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your version of Cat in the Hat, much more elegant than the original striped chapeau....didn't see the oscars but saw lots of the dresses everywhere. Glamour, glamour, glamour. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the dresses this year.

      Delete
  10. I so love your humor Janet. A divine Cat in the Hat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I saw George, my first thought was "hey where's Janet"..see you had me in that fantasy world with you.

    Love the cat, and the face, the headwrap, etc. This one turned out very fine indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...when I saw George and Stacy I knew I didn't have a chance!

      Delete
  12. Oh Janet, this is fabulous! I love that you tucked the cat in the hat! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is awesome! I love what you did with her. The cat is awesome. What medium did you do this in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mostly acrylics and then some colored pencil on her face.

      Delete
  14. Wow! Really, really like this one Janet!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kitty looks very comfy. I sure like this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the journal page. Kitty is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow this rocks Janet its the best everrrrrrrrrrrr

    hugz bev

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is stunning Janet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is stunning Janet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is brilliant! Such a fabulous way to keep your cat close.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!