Followers

Friday, March 01, 2013

It's a First For Me...

I am participating in my first ever art journal round robin. I did do a couple of spreads in an art journal for Mary but it was at the end of her journal that had made the rounds. This is my first time doing one from the beginning and I'm happy to be doing it with MaryAndria, and Danielle. We will each get a journal for about a month at a time and then send it on to someone else.

Here are the two spreads I did in my journal...

This is the first two pages and I just put the names of each person on here.
I don't consider it one of the spreads...
more of an introduction.

This is the first spread I did in my journal.

This is the second spread...
it's more vibrant in person.

I'm sure there will be lots of wonderful art to share with you as these journals pass around from one to the other. 

And just because I haven't shared them, here are the two spreads I did for Mary's journal back a couple of months ago...



I apologized to Mary at the time because I wasn't doing my best work right then. I hope she forgave me!

17 comments:

  1. Looks like fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like fun, even though I'm not sure I fully understand what it's all about. That make art spread is very interesting and the others are great too. I especially love your winter girls, as you probably know already.
    This is Sandra weekend so we're going to have some fun over here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have fun with Sandra this weekend. Be sure to show us what you do.

      Delete
  3. What a fun art challenge!! Love your winter girls!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! Enjoy the challenge, Janet....love the artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janet...the Poppy spread is much more vibrant in person. And the other spreads you did earlier for me are fantastic!!! Thinking about what to do in your journal. I signed up for Julie's gesso class...I learned a few new things about gesso. Your art pieces in your previous posts rock!!! I hope you have a great weekend!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary...whatever you do in my journal I'm sure I'll love it.

      Delete
  6. you did an amazing job creating, you must show us more as you do them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Lee...I'll share my journal as it goes along.

      Delete
  7. Round robins are really fun. i have done several and really enjoyed the process and the results. You have some great pages there. It will be fun to see what you end up with.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Kate...as I said, it's my first time doing this. I hope it won't be my last though.

      Delete
  8. Round robin's are a lot of fun. They can make you work outside your comfort zone and that is such a good thing to grow as an artist. Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never done a round robin but they always sound like such a lot of fun. When it starts are all the pages blank except for what you start and do yourself? I can't wait to see its progress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your spreads, Janet. How exciting to have you creating art in my journal! I can't wait! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!