Friday, March 22, 2013

One WIP Finished...

Yesterday I worked on that big painting I started at the beginning of this year. I had planned to work on it for 30 days but somewhere around day 24 or 25 I lost interest. It's been hanging on the back of my studio door ever since. When I looked at it yesterday I knew I wanted to finish it and I did.

Here it is hanging from some clips on a shelf in my studio...

and here it is laying flat on the patio.
I think it could be hung in any direction 
but I like it turned this way.
I'm happy with how it turned out...
even if I didn't end up working on it for 30 days.
*******************************************

This is a quick sketch I did last night while watching TV. It's just done on sketch paper using a 2B pencil. She looks a bit prim and proper...like she's going to tea with the ladies! I don't know where these faces come from...sometimes they surprise me when they show up on the paper.
*************************************
I have some other projects I'm working on today but I'll get to my BIG canvas again soon...I have it all in my head. I just have to get it down on the canvas. This is one time when I know where I'm going before I start a painting. I usually don't work that way.

Have a fun Friday!!