Sunday, March 03, 2013

Spring At My House...

No art today...I'm working on several things but I'm not ready to share them yet. But for all my friends who are longing for spring I thought I'd let you see what's happening in my yard...

Click to view larger on any photos

This is the decorative plum tree
in my front yard...the one that
drives me crazy when all the little
cherry-size fruit falls to the ground.
They make such a mess.

These photos were taken within minutes of each other
and with nothing done to them...
one minute it's cloudy and the next the sun is shining.
The sky is really that blue today.

And here's a patch of the back yard where
the dandelions are already starting to appear.
Looks like we need to fertilize 
and maybe even plant some grass seeds in this spot.

So that's a little hint of spring to tide you over until it arrives in your neck of the woods. It isn't quite as warm as yesterday but it's still very nice outside today. I hope your day is good, too.


15 comments:

  1. So pretty! I just posted saying I was glad my down-under friends kept showing things but I should add my Cali's, too! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what's in my back yard....all the little squishy fake plums do mess up the grass. Ours is not in bloom yet...we just had the pineapple express weather hit a couple of days ago too!! Probably too much rain. I did see some crocuses in bloom though.. Spring is around the corner. I remember years ago turning off the heat in March until October...weather is different now and that doesn't happen much anymore!! Thanks for sharing!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue skies!!! :)
    Yes, I think Spring is drawing near... Thank you for sharing ~xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thank you Janet. I need proof. This winter seems soooo long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love spring! When the first daffodils start appearing in the garden is when I start feeling a lot more positive! Thanks for sharing your signs of spring :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait! I can't wait! Our birds are sounding rather Springish this morning. Even though it's cold, I cracked a window so that I can hear them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to see, that means there is hope for the rest of too. Our appletrees do mess uo at our place, but I don't mind if only the Spring will come.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you make me jealous of your weather, I want to live in California, or texas, for the weather

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have blossoms...we have snow. I'm always a little jealous this time of year of those of you who live in warmer climates. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. To me it felt more like summer than spring two days ago..lol I guess I just overlook spring in the air cause it was so warm for us here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah you have given me hope that there really is a Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yeah, blossoms. Thanks for sharing. It's a bit warmer here but still snow covered ground. xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are happy that the temperature has reached 1°C today! Blossom is a long way off yet, so it is encouraging to see yours. I think I read once that Spring travels North at the rate of about 100 miles a day, so we have several weeks to wait. Hope you are well?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for the blossoms of Spring! Nothing but brown sticks still in my neck of the woods. Thank you for sharing - I need me some Spring!

    Jessi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks to everyone who commented here. I apologize for being so far behind right now. These are the last few days my son will be here...he flies out on Sunday morning...so I'm spending as much time with him as I can.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!