Monday, March 18, 2013

While I was on Break...

After having a week off from blogging, I'm beginning to come back to life. And then only to learn that Google Reader is going away! I depend on it to keep me updated on all the blogs I read. After doing some research I've decided to try Feedly.com...I'm not 100% thrilled with it but I guess for now it's the best I can do.

Now I'm wondering how much longer Google will keep Blogger going!
******************************************
In other news, I've been doing a little bit of art while I was on my break...while I was feeling so sad it also made me feel uninspired and this is what came from that...


As you can see I didn't use my usual bright colors...this is all done with gray and Payne's gray which is how I was feeling at the time!




As you can see, I was even down about myself 
and my abilities to create art.

Then I started to do small things 
like make some simple stencils using cardboard...



Basically something to add texture to backgrounds. I used an Exacto knife on most of them and a hole punch to make the small punchinella-type stencil. I wanted some holes but not in a pattern like punchinella. I wanted them more random. 
******************************************


This was the kind of weather I was enjoying on my break...warm and sunny. HB and I have been walking at the park most mornings.

I have more artsy things to share but I'll save those for tomorrow.

18 comments:

  1. Wow this is hauntingly sad Janet...I can see the funk you're in. You are an artist and none of what is written there is true you know!! Hop on over to my post to squash that thought pattern!! Love you dear lady!! Feel more chipper soon!!

    Big hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. That only lasted for a couple of days...and now I'm back to being me again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I really like those colors...even though they are not colors you normally use. I totally disagree with all the negative self-talk you did...but I know sometimes we all go through that and I think it is just as important to journal about the "downs" as the good, happy stuff. Glad you snapped out of it though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes that old inner critic gets loose!

      Delete
  4. I am glad your back to you because you happen to be a great artist

    ReplyDelete
  5. It always amazes me how much art reflects feelings- Hope you get back to your bright and cheerful self soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm back to me now...I just had a slight detour.

      Delete
  6. I'm thinking (hoping) that only google reader is going away and not google friend (which lets me follow in my blog home page.) But I'm really not sure.

    This art is fascinating to me. Very unlike your usual, but then I think we all have parts of us that don't show up on log often.

    You may think of your sad as uninspired but I see it as stretching yourself and your palette -- which is inspiring in itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stretch is the word I chose for this year! I think you're right that it was all part of the process.

      Delete
  7. glad youre back - you have been missed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ups and downs are part of life, even an artists. Glad you found yourself again. You've been missed. Looking forwart seeing these stencils in use, I'm sure you'll make them look great in your work. Sounds so nice to walk in warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be using the stencils soon and I'll share it here.

      Delete
  9. I think it's therapeutic to get all those thoughts out. Sometimes when I say (or write) my thoughts out loud, I recognize that I'm being ridiculous and it helps me keep things in perspective. In spite of the heavy content, your page is lovely. Payne's grey is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what happened with me. Once I wrote them out they no longer had any power over me.

      I like Payne's gray, too.

      Delete
  10. Oh I love your stencils....yes, we all have those ugly days.....it's what you made of it that counts....xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Corrine...I feel much better now.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!