Thursday, April 25, 2013

A Little Bit More...

I'm working on another pixie girl but so far she's just a very light sketch so I can't show you much. Tomorrow I'll work on her at the senior center during the painting/art get-together. So stayed tuned.
***************************************************
In the meantime I thought I'd share some more pics from our field trip to The Arboretum. There was so much to see and I took over 200 photos...I promise I won't bore you with all of them!!

(click photos to view larger)
This family of ducks/geese (I'm never sure which) caught my eye.


This looks like a quiet place to sit and watch the water.


I'm always attracted by trees and there were some 
beautiful ones at The Arboretum.


Some flowering trees...


And some towering trees...


some with unusual bark...


And some with unusual shapes.

I'm sure some of these trees will appear in art at some point. I guess I must be a Tree Hugger because I love trees.

In a few days I'll share more of these photos...I've tried to group them in subjects. I still have the Victorian house and some rather unusual plants...so more to come.

Now I'm off to work on my drawing. See you soon... 




6 comments:

  1. Oh, Janet, it's so lovely, I think you could "bore" us with all of them and I, for one, would be thrilled! Can't wait to see your sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unusual shapes, indeed. Love arboretum. We have Canadian Geese around here, too. They live on all the lakes and ponds at the university. So pretty but oh what a mess they make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos, and special trees indeed. I love seeing what you're up to, and looking forward to more both art and park.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janet...I like trees too, thanks for sharing your photos...those are some gnarly old trees. Have a great weekend!!!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the photos. Love that peeling bark tree! Have fun sketching. xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that you mention it, I DO recognize that beautiful old house. We used to watch Fantasy Island all the time. Love Roark. I was imagining myself (if I lived nearby) taking advantage of that gorgeous porch. Don't you just want to curl up on a comfortable seat with a good book and pretend for a while that this is your very own home?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!