Followers

Sunday, April 07, 2013

A Sneak Peek and Some Postcards...

It's been several days since my last post and you might think I've been busy in the studio...but you would be wrong! "Life" has been keeping me busy and not art.

I did finally get started on that big 30" x 40" canvas and I'll just give you a sneak peek at what I'm doing...

This is just a very small portion of the canvas. 
More to come later.

Postcards have started to come in from Hanna's postcard swap and from Karen's postcard swaps.

This one is from Dusty...no blog address was given.

This one is from Matthew
I think this is my first postcard from a guy!

This one is stitched and is from Tammy

Tammy also included this printed postcard
so it was a two-fer!

And this one is from my friend TJ
(I don't think her blog is active right now.)

This postcard got beat up by the post office!
It's from one of the Mail Me Some Art swaps.

I'm almost ashamed to admit how long ago I 
received this postcard!
It's from Phoenix Peacock

It's always fun to see what goodies are in the mail and to meet new people through these swaps. I enjoy doing them and I'd like to publicly thank Hanna and Karen for all the work they do to organize these swaps. Thanks to everyone who has sent me postcards...I love them all and have them propped up all around the studio right now so I can see them.



28 comments:

  1. Great cards and a good teaser on your canvas. Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE mail call! Fun fun fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nice comment on my collage efforts - I've started getting my cards from both of those same swaps....I don't think I've received one from you, but I don't have them all yet. Do you also participate in Kat's Liberate Your Art? I've done that one for a few years and love the photography that I receive in trade....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done Kat's swap in the past but not this year.

      Delete
  4. Ooh looking forward to that canvas.....must be fun to receive pretty snail mail!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mailbox has been smiling lately!

      Delete
  5. they are great postcards, and your right those postcards swaps must be alot of work for Ihanna, and Karen and they deserve alot of thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hanna and Karen do a great job.

      Delete
  6. Nice post!
    The cards look great, Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your incoming is so prett -- and can't wait to see more of th canvas. Excuse typos. The cat's tail is covering the keyboard and I don't want to disturb her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand about the cat!

      Delete
  8. Nice start to the canvas. I really love the texture of it already. And such great potcards! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carin...I like having lots of texture.

      Delete
  9. I LOVE your canvas so far! And what a great selection of postcards. I wish I'd taken part again, but had a lot on this month. Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Viv...I'll share the canvas when it's finished.

      Delete
  10. Oh the sneak is not enough and now I am totally intrigued? Great mail swaps.....I am sending some off to mmsa today. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, just a peek for now but I'm working on it and it should be ready in a day or so.

      Delete
  11. Wonderful postcards Janet. I haven't done one of those swaps in a couple years. It wonderful seeing those little pieces of art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like doing Hanna's swap whenever I can.

      Delete
  12. what great cards!!! wowo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Fran...they look great decorating my studio!

      Delete
  13. lucky you to get one of Tammy's delicious stitched postcards! Very intrigued by the sneak peek of your canvas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be a while before the canvas is finished.

      Delete
  14. I can't wait to see the big 30x40 piece Janet! Bet you're working hard at it right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got bored with the canvas and had to put it away for a bit...but I'll finish it.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!