Sunday, June 30, 2013

Trying to Get Back to Art...

It's been almost a month since my last post! I didn't plan to take a blog break but it just happened. So many of you have emailed me to see if I'm okay and yes, I'm doing fine. Just overwhelmed with other "stuff" and no time for art.

On the 24th HB and I celebrated 23 years of being together and 18 years of marriage. We had our photos taken professionally and if they turn out good I'll share them here later.

Also on the 25th HB and I were part of a fashion show at the senior center. I wasn't able to take any photos because I was in the show but there were lots of photos taken so I'm sure some will turn up soon and I'll share those, too. It was a huge success and we had a much bigger crowd than I anticipated. I think it might become a twice-yearly event but I'm not sure if I'll do it again. I had fun but it took much more time than I expected...lots of rehearsals!!

**************************************************

For now the only thing I've managed to do is re-work one of my older paintings. You may remember this painting...


I did this several years ago during one of Julie Prichard's classes. I named it Sea Dreams because I thought it was underwater looking up...but then just a couple of days ago I pulled it out and saw something completely different...


Now it seems to be a dark forest with a light off in the distance. I like it better now, but have to come up with a new name for it.

I hope to get back into doing art and have plans to do more journaling in the month of July. Although all my plans may fall along the wayside if this heat continues. We're expecting 109º today and for the next week it will be well over 100º. If you've been following me for any time you know I hate hot weather and quickly lose my momentum so we'll see how the journaling goes.

I haven't been visiting blogs at all this past month so I hope to get back into that, too. You'll be seeing me pop in here and there as time allows. I've missed you all so much!

21 comments:

  1. Nice to see you! I sure understand not wanting to do anything because of the heat. ACK! And, it isn't UGHUST yet! I like your rework.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to be back. The heat hasn't got me yet!

      Delete
  2. Good to see you. Congrats on the anniversary. Stay cool if you can...xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Corrine...I'm trying to stay cool but it's not easy today.

      Delete
  3. Yeaaaaa, you're back. We missed you too. Cant wait to see some of those fashion show photos. What fun you must have had. Congrats on your anniversary. You are up there with me and my better half. 22 years married and 23 together. Gosh, I'd never been married 22 years before. Geesh! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eighteen years seems like such a long time when I write it but when I think about when we met it seems like yesterday.

      Delete
  4. P.S. I really like that painting with the tree in it now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see the new photos! Hope they turn out well!! Grand idea getting professional photos done!! Love the new painting....it does look like light shining through the forest!! Is a new direction on the horizon I wonder? Glad you're back and that you had a good time!!I'm with you on the heat and we have the heat wave too...not as hot as you...but still way too hot for me!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if it's a new direction or just desperation! I'm so out of it when it comes to making art that at this point anything seems like an accomplishment.

      Delete
  6. This picture is very luminous and it glows. Beautiful and stunning work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janet, good to see you back! The rework is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary...it was all I could manage right now.

      Delete
  8. Hi janet, glad youre back... and I missed your posts, so this one was most welcome! how does it feel to be a model?? I hope you post at least one pic for us! congrats also on your anniversary with dh... thats a good long while that youve been together! and hearing about your warm weather is making me a tad envious today - outside (here) its v warm 22C and inside the house its freeeeezing! does it get like that in winter where you are, that its actually warmer outside than inside!!! so putting the fire on tonite! and........... back to art... I really like all youur backgrounds and how they evolve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Krissie, it's good to be back.

      Delete
  9. Good to see you back! And congratulations on your anniversary x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your anniversary! My gosh you do have hot weather at the moment, the UK seems to have lost summer this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I can send you some of our hot summer weather.

      Delete
  11. Happy anniversary -- and I LOve your rework! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. very cool how the tree totally changes the vibe of the painting. nice to have you back!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!