Thursday, July 04, 2013

A Useful Little Tip...

It's still hot around here so I haven't been very inspired to make art. So rather than not post anything I thought I'd pass on a little tip. You may already do this but it's worth repeating.

When I buy stickers or other pretty embellishments to use in my art I always scan them into my computer. That way I can print them out again on sticky back paper or just on plain paper and use glue to adhere them. This way you stretch your $$ and can use favorite stickers over and over again.

I also do this with other ephemera...pictures from magazines, old papers, sheet music, etc. It lets me be a little less anxious about using a favorite sticker or embellishment because I know I can print another one later.

Here's a look at my work table today...

what a mess, huh!
Nothing seems to be working so I just quit and left it all right there.

Here's something else I did today...


I un-mounted several of my rubber stamps...mostly ones that I use to add texture.
I like to have them more flexible so I can stamp just portions of them.

That's all today.
Happy 4th of July to everyone in the US!!


12 comments:

  1. I'd gladly be wherever you are - we love the heat. Here in Seattle it's overcast and 63. It might make 70 or so if we're lucky - the clouds are supposed to break up but it's already 2:30, so I don't have high hopes. I'd trade that for southwest heat any day.

    Glad to see you back at your art - even though it's hard to get inspired, you still found something worthwhile to share. I'll be watching for more new 'stuff'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip about copying things. Thanks and enjoy your 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I copy things too ... no wonder I go through ink so fast! Stay cool! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great tips! Thanks for sharing...it's a tiny bit cooler here today....thank goodness... I walk around with a long thin wet towel around my neck....redneck way to say cool in this heat!! Hey it works!! Happy 4th of July!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea about copying items to reuse, Janet! I've tried doing that but I think I need a different printer, especially for color. We had a lazy 4th here...Have a good weekend!!!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing. It's funny, I was going to post a photo of my worktable yesterday but..... I coldn't find it. (lol) Have a happy creative day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! I always hate to use a sticker I really like with the thought that there is no other unless I find more. That can add up to more $ spent. Our temp has gone now to the 90's, we are grateful. I finished the romper for Bella, I posted it today. If you get a chance go take a peek, it is very different. It is very lacy! Stay cool, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it any cooler there yet? Doesn't look so by tv. We have had five straight days of rain..really hard rain, so it has cooled a lot. You know what Janet? It's Friday, and isn't it TGIF party night? Well, I am going to watch antique roadshow at 8, then go to bed. This has nothing to do with your creative post, does it. LOL I guess I am just tired! See ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great ideas. We were cooler for a few days, but the heat is back here in Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good tip and it looks like you have been productive! Bravo and happy late fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tips Janet. I unmounted stamps like that awhile ago. They are so much easier to use that way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Janet, this is a great tip...thank you. I am sorry your back is giving you so much trouble. I hope you get to feeling better real soon!!! It's hot here too...104 today! Yuck.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!