Sunday, July 14, 2013

Me and The Original Rubber Stamp Convention...

To all of you who have asked, yes...my back is doing much better. So much better that yesterday I was able to go to the Rubber Stamp Convention in Carson, CA and walk most of the day. It was great! My friend, Juanita, from the senior center drove us and I was thankful for that since it took us about an hour and 30 minutes to get there.

Lots and lots of rubber stamps but also lots of other things, too. We had a fun day looking at everything, oohing and aahing over all the beautiful papers and displays of inks and sprays and stamp pads, etc. Juanita is in the painting group at the senior center and we hit it off immediately. She's so much fun.

Here are a few photos I took at the convention...



 Of course, Tim Holtz products were very prominent.

I love her red hair!!
And her art journals were so cool.
I didn't get her name but I know I've seen her picture online before.

It was difficult to take photos because I had my hands full of other things most of the time!

And this is Juanita doing a little "make and take" tag...

She looks so serious but most of the time we were laughing and yakking.

I was a good girl and didn't spend too much moola.
Here is what I bought...


I said I wasn't going to buy a gelli plate but I did! I bought the 8" x 10" plate so you know what I'll be doing today. I also bought some Dylusions spray inks and a couple of small stencils. Believe me, I could have spent a LOT more money but I didn't want to take out a loan for art supplies!!

Thank you, Juanita, for a fun day. 
We're already planning for next year's convention!!

21 comments:

  1. Hi Janet, how god to hear your back is better. I have sent you a couple of messages on your cell phone and wonder if you have recieved them. Would you please leve me a message on my blog so I can know what will suit best for you.

    Laila.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet... I'm sure you had a great time there, looks like a lot of fun! I want a Gelli plate but I keep thinking that I'll make one (which I haven't done...ha!) I got some of Christy Tomlinson's masks that were offered as a special from Peachy Cheap but haven't used them yet...looks like you got some good stencils. YaY! I can't guess what you'll be doing today :) It's good to know your back is doing better! Have fun!!!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm doing so much better. I was able to walk all around and not have any discomfort...but maybe that was because I was so distracted by all the art supplies!

      Delete
  3. Hi janet, it does look like a realy fun day, and youre lucky as we never have anything like that over here! I think if we did I would go mad and spend heaps! I do like what youve bought, and now will be waiting to see how you use the gelli plate and the results! glad youre back is better too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There isn't too much really close to where I live either. It always means a trip to the Los Angeles area.

      Delete
  4. It looks like a grand time. Can't think of anything more fun than an artsy event with a friend. Glad your back is better Janet. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That day was the perfect "medicine" for me!

      Delete
  5. Oh I'm jealous...I would have bought the exact same thing as you did...love the stencil...need a geli plate..lol love her red hair too and her dress and art!! Love Juanita's orange blouse and earrings too!! Glad your back is healing!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juanita used to do some modeling when she was younger and is very stylish and beautiful.

      Delete
  6. This just looks like boatloads of fun! I'm glad your back had improved so you could really enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun and just what I needed.

      Delete
  7. How fun would that be. You all have the best conventions out there...wahoo I would be in such trouble have to go with NO money. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only took a certain amount of money with me because I didn't want to over-spend...which I could easily have done.

      Delete
  8. Sounds fun! Love your purchases. That stencil looks funky and cool can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I love stencils! I saw so many that I'd like to have but only bought two. I was being good!

      Delete
  9. How much fun that must have been. I used to go to that convention every year for at least 10 years. I haven't been in quite some time. It's always been one of the best in the country. I would have gone crazy with all those stencils to choose from. The local stores all have small areas devoted to stencils and they are all rather ordinary. I rarely find any of those new ones I see online. I don't like online ordering that much because the shipping is sometimes as much as the merchandise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So true about ordering online. It makes it too expensive for me to order one or two small items and have to pay shipping costs that are sometimes more than what I ordered! Crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janet,

    That looks so fun. It looked like Dyan Reavely in the photo, she makes the Dylusian inks.You will love the gelli plate. Look at all the cool you tube vids you can do amazing things with the plate. Words of advice, don't use on newsprint, it pulls off the ink and you can't get it off. You also can't use ink on it but the instructions tell you that. I thought the paper in their was an advertisement but there are instructions on the paper. Silly me, Love the gear stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  12. FUN FUN FUN!! I would have wanted everything having ASA the way I do (Art Supply Addiction). I have been restraining though because A. can't afford all I want and B. I need to use up what I have. I did recently buy the white Dylusion spray ink to use on fabric!!
    Can't wait to see what you do with what you bought!
    p.s. so glad your back is better

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!