Thursday, July 25, 2013

My Painting Group and Something new for August...

Today is the first of two days of the painting group  this week (Thursday afternoon and Friday morning) at the senior center. I took this pic last week and then didn't post it...


It has the wrong date on it...it should be July 19 but that's okay. We had a good turnout that day. There were some others that I didn't get in the picture. You can see my drawing pad in the lower center and that's Jeanette right next to it. The instructor, Debbie, is way at the back in a bright pink shirt with a white apron...click on the pic and you should be able to find her.

************************************************

On a completely different subject, I read this blog post on Snap's blog. It's all about  The August Break and it sounded like just what I need. I don't do much creating during the hot summer months, as you can probably guess by the lack of anything artsy on my blog recently. But I think I can manage to post a photo each day and if not I'll post them every other day or whatever works for me. At least there won't be a big blank spot here on my blog. 

AB550_6

So beginning on August 1st I'll be participating...
Take a look at this project and it might be right for you, too.

17 comments:

  1. Sounds like a plan for you! And fun to see your photos (we like re-runs of your art, too!)

    You have a huge painting group! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we do have a fun painting group!

      Delete
  2. Well, if you are gone too long I will miss you. (pouting).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No pouting...I'll still be here posting.

      Delete
  3. What a great idea...I look forward to your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janet, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris...I'll be by to visit your blog.

      Delete
  5. Hi Janet...I'm thinking about it...thinking, thinking...I don't know :)
    Have a great weekend!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was me, too, but I finally decided to give it a try.

      Delete
  6. Enjoy your painting group and you break......xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great idea august break!! I'll think about it! Also is that your cup with the paisley on it? We have a similar one with flowers on it!! .

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's my cup in the lower corner of the pic. I take it everywhere with me. Gotta have my ice cold water!

      Delete
  8. Your painting group sounds wonderful Janet... and love the idea of a photo a day... a fun and inspiring challenge... happy weekend...

    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!