Saturday, August 03, 2013

Finally...Some Art!

I'm already behind on the August Break photos! It doesn't take me long to fall behind! But here is my photo for Aug 2nd with the prompt of circles...

I had already done most of this art journal spread earlier in the week, and when I was thinking about a photo with circles I thought of it.
***************************************************
I've also done a couple of other art pieces over the past couple of days. These are in the style of Leona Marker. I don't know if she has a blog (can't find one anywhere) but she is part of Mystele's Community Thrive group. She had a video on the other day and I loved her style and technique. Here are the ones I did...

 They are both 12" square canvases. The one above is a thicker canvas so I painted the edges...

I used a leaf stencil that I cut from a piece of cardboard.

This one is on a thinner canvas so the edges are just plain green.
I like how these two pieces came out, and will be using this technique again.

14 comments:

  1. Lovely art Janet...perfect symbols of circles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful "circles". I've decided the prompts are nice, but I have a bunch of photos I haven't shared, so I'm going to use them first and then use the prompts for inspiration. That's what I did with the ICADs and it worked pretty good. Love the journal pages and the canvases are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the circles and the other ones too. You have managed to make some art, that's more than I can say. I'm stuck in reading at the moment. Hope to change a bit next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these....awesome little change...you are always surprising me a in a good way!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work Janet, glad to see you back in the arty swing. xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, I love the pink flowers and butterfly! You're extremely talented, Janet. <3

    I love the stenciling around the edge of the canvas. I never know what to do with my edges, but I have a big collection of stamps and stencils, so I might have to play around a little. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your art is beautiful Janet, as always. Um, is that...oatmeal....down there ...you know...in the previous post? Sorry, but eeewwwwww! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy, colorful paintings! Glad to see your art once again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely art Janet! The canvases are so cheery and the journal page is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I love your style and technique. I am really new at this and am eager to learn. At present, I have been side lined with a fracture of my right hip and will be back to my craft room as soon as possible. I know I will get a great deal of joy out of flowing your work!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love painted edges -- I don't usually frame canvases and the painted edges finish them off! Your work just makes me happy -- your sense of color never ceases to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been wanting to try my hand at Leona's style also just haven't gotten round to it. HOwever, Your paintings are awesome. You always inspire me and I look forward to seeing what your doing in your art. There's always a "happy" surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ** DELIGHTFUL!! **
    Very lovely to see your pieces, Janet.
    Great new style to explore :]

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love both of these Janet..!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!