Friday, September 20, 2013

An Evening Out...

Last night HB and I were out on the town. We went to an art reception that featured Debbie, the art instructor for our painting group. It was Debbie, her husband, Mike, and three other artists showing their work. Before I show you some of my photos from the evening I should tell you that the lighting was beautiful but not conducive for taking photos!



This is Debbie...she's such a fun person.
I just love her.


These are a few of Debbie's paintings.


I love these tigers!


Debbie teased me that this one should have been titled
Ode to Janet
because it was my influence that inspired her!


Debbie, Juanita, and Jeanette
with me and HB in the mirror.

Mike, Debbie, and George one of the artists from
our painting group.
Those are Mike's paintings in the background.


It was a lovely setting and the food was delicious.
I think everyone had a good time and we saw a lot of beautiful art.

Next time I'll share one more birthday gift with you...
actually it might be Sunday before I get the post up.
I'll be busy turning 70 tomorrow!!



12 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you have a good birthday celebration on Sat. This is Friday night as I'm writing this comment. Debbie's paintings are great! I enjoyed looking at this weeks posts about your journal class. It looks like a blast!!! *hugs* and happy birthday again :)
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your day today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you! Enjoy your day, Janet!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the ode to Janet...it really does remind me of you! The photos are wonderful and Debbies art is fantastic! Of course I love the purple tiger!! Sounds like a wonderful time...sounds like you found your tribe my dear!! Happy Birthday beautiful lady!! Wishing you everything wonderful in your 70th year...wow you are so bright, current and young for 70!!Good for you!!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. This had to be a really fun evening...You are a very young 70. Happy Birthday sweet friend. I am so glad to know you, to love you, to call you friend. Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you were able to do something that you have a passion for, looks like a great time, I really liked the art piece that you inspired. Hope your birthday is a wonderful memory making kind of day......where has the years gone, it seems like yesterday when we first met in the 5th grade.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful way to spend an evening! I think you are maxing out your birthday and good for you on that! Great exhibit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. dearest Janet...Looks like you had a wonderful evening out. Lovely reception with friends and family. Amazing how time flies....I'm not many years behind you.
    Wishing you the best and happiest birthday ever.
    my LOVE to you!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you are having the best birthday. It looks like a fabulous evening out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hope you are enjoying your day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Janet, since and belated birthday wishes to you. I hope you had a wonderful day, and I hope HB spoiled you. The art exhibit looked like fun, I would have enjoyed it.
    Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was supposed to be 'sincere' (not since!) Sorry..x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!