Tuesday, September 03, 2013

It's Almost Class Time!

In less than a week I'll be teaching my very first Art Journaling 101 class at Legacy Commons. I'm excited about it and yesterday I worked on a poster that will be in the front lobby...



You can click on the picture to see it a bit larger. I used a piece of foam core as my substrate. This poster will sit on an easel so it needed to have some stiffness to it. Below are some close-ups...




Mostly I used magazine images, some scrapbook papers, washi tape around the edges, and some markers and paint pens. I had a lot of fun making this and I hope it inspires people to try my class. What do you think...would it make you want to take my class if you were a beginner?

16 comments:

  1. Yes and I think it would even attract young people too... lol Very funky fun poster!! LOVE IT...just wonderful!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting for you! I can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. step by step, we do more and more. congratulations on your new endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Janet, your poster is very attraktive. I would love to partisipate myself. The colors used kind of drag me forward. I sure hope you will have alot of fun in class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be in your class in a hot minute if I could Janet.
    Bravo for you! Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great Janet! I hope it all goes really well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are going to rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish you were doing this around here where I live Janet! Your class is going to ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great poster, if that doesn't bring them in I don't know what will. Great use of magazine pages to create a visionary sign. xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Superb poster, it gives a flavour of exactly what the class will achieve. I would definiately come to one of your classes as I know I would learn so much and have fun at the same time. Good luck on the day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. agreed - it's a wonderful poster. It's eye catching, it's a work of art all on it's own, and it gives an excellent idea of what the class is all about. very inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous poster, your class is going to be awesome for sure. Wish I could be there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that's a truly great poster for an art journaling class, Janet! Who wouldn't want to see what THAT'S all about?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a dynamite poster! I really like the fashionista on the right side, the way she is standing makes me laugh. It's going to be a fun class for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!