Sunday, September 15, 2013

Journaling and Painting...

It's been 10 days since my last post! Where does the time go?? Tomorrow I'll have my second art journaling class and I haven't even told you about the first one.

It was so much fun. I had 12 people show up and was thrilled with that many. And I even have one man!! I had planned to take a lot of photos but I guess you know what happened...I got caught up in the class and completely forgot about photos. One of the women from the front office came in and took a few but now they can't find them. If they do I'll post them here, and I'll try to remember to take some tomorrow.

The first class was mostly about supplies and then we did a simple page, just scraped some paint onto the pages with an old credit card and then added images from magazines. I had some people who just jumped right in and started and then some who needed more guidance and encouragement. I enjoyed it and I think everyone else did, too. I know we laughed and had a lot of fun. I have several things lined up that I want to do so I don't think it will be tough for me to come up with ideas but if anyone out there wants to make suggestions please feel free. This is a beginners class so anything goes.

Here is another simple page I did...


That little section on the bottom left was a picture of a gate but when I turned it sideways I thought it would be a good place to journal.

And I've started another painting...


Just a couple of sneak peeks...


This canvas is about 12" x 36". I covered it with book pages and then brayered on some greens and blues. So far I'm happy with how it's going and I'll share it when it's finished.

Our painting group at Legacy Commons is going to have a booth at the local Senior Expo next month and we can each display one painting so I need to get busy and get something ready. The painting above is too big to go in the exhibit so I'll start something else very soon.

Lots has been going on and I've been super busy so once again my blogging has taken a back seat. I do have something beautiful to show you in the next couple of days...I got an early birthday present from my best friend, Gail. She always sends me such wonderful gifts. I'll share it soon.

12 comments:

  1. Well girl, it's about time you came home. Ive been knocking and knocking.

    Wow, 12 for the first class! AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just knew your class would be fun and a success. I was right! YeeHaw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to hear your class is great. I'm sure it will be even more fun in coming weeks. Your painting looks promising too, can't wait to see it done. Have fun with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear that you are so busy and enjoying your group! I bet they learnt heaps from you and they are lucky tohave such a gifted teacher! Busy is the best way to be, and looking forward to seeing your beautiful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could have come and taken your class, we can only dream, the painting looks great

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear your first class went so well and you had such a great response! Can't wait to see how the painting comes along and hear more about the class you lead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Janet so exciting...and love the blue flowers....gorgeous! Thanks for sharing...

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could come and take your class, it sounds such fun. Did you have to supply all the paints for the class?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was wondering about your teaching experience! I expected it to be a success, how could it not with all the techniques you know and passion you have, but was curious to see if you enjoyed it. I'm so happy that you did!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janet,

    Oh Finally you are blogging again. That is awesome, glad to hear the class is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done, I knew your class would go well - they are lucky to have you teaching them.
    As for blogging - you know sometimes "doing" comes before writing about it.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a great turnout! I'm so glad it's going well. It's a great bonus for us that you've had so many wonderful journal pages to show as a result.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!