Thursday, September 26, 2013

Keeping Busy...

Busy, busy, busy!!! As if I don't already have enough to do, yesterday I signed up as a volunteer to help set up the library book sale which is beginning next week.

(image from Google Images ~ this is a spot where I could spend hours!)

So today I'll spend the morning at the library and then head over to Legacy Commons for the afternoon painting group. Tomorrow I'll do the reverse with painting in the morning and library in the afternoon. Saturday is a bit open for now but I'll most likely help out at least a couple of hours then, too. I also have to squeeze in a gift bag and greeting card class done by my friend Juanita.

I like supporting the library and it's only $2 to get a Friends of the Library card. Where we live I'm lucky to have two different libraries to choose from. I have cards for both. The one that's closest to us is a local library but the one where I'm volunteering is part of the Los Angeles Public Library system. I use that library all the time because I can request any book they have in the system and it will be brought to the library branch where we are. And believe me, I make good use of that service!

Now I only have to find a little bit of art time at home to finish up a new painting that will be in the art exhibit at the Senior Expo next week. I'll work on it during the painting group but I'm sure I won't finish it then.

I'll try to have some WIP photos for you next time.

9 comments:

  1. It seems your days are filled at the moment, but such times are fun too. Good luck with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like good and happy days. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done to you for helping out, Janet!

    Sorry I haven't been by in ages....life has been amazingly busy. I haven't blogged since June.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy Lady... we have the same system...you can get any book shipped into any library I have access to many! We used them more when Pepper was little! Have fun!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love our library sales, we have them 4 times a year. Its a worthy place to volunteer for.I love that you now have a painting group. That is so cool. Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great birthday celebration! (posts below). I love our library book sales. I can't pass up any larger books that will make a good art journal. You are one busy lady :) Take care and have an artful good week ahead!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the library, I could spend days in our library, just browsing, looks like you are busy, nice to be busy

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness, you are active! I love library book sales, and am very careful not to go every one (as I can't stop myself from buying too many books). At o e point I wanted to volunteer, just like you are doing, but felt awkward that I don't know anyone andthey all look like best friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have friends who help out with library sales, so I know that it is a LOT of work. Good for you, helping out. Plus, it gives you a chance to scope out all the goodies early! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!