Tuesday, September 17, 2013

My Second Day of Teaching...

Yesterday was my second class for Art Journaling 101 and we had a good turn out. There were a few people who were not there from the first class but they had already told me they wouldn't be available this week. One was out-of-town and a couple of others were in another class for a few weeks. They're doing a nutrition class this month and it overlaps with my class.

I did manage to get a couple of quick photos of some of the people. We had three tables set up but I only photographed one and part of another because I had some people who didn't want to be in the pictures...


This is one of the tables. 
Juanita was sitting at the end but was up when I took the picture.

This is Debbie and her husband, Mike. 
She is the instructor for our painting group.

Here's my friend, Jeanette at one of the other tables.

Sorry about the angle of this one...
this is Barbie and it was her first time at the class.

There were nine people for my second class. There were actually two men, Mike and Wes, but Wes was at one of the tables that didn't get photographed. I'm pleased with the turn out. I'm sure it will fluctuate as more people learn about it.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Janet, looks like things are going really well for your art journal class and I am very happy for you! The lighting looks good there and you have a great looking group of students. It's awesome that men are coming too because art journaling is for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great snaps of the class, they all look like they are having fun, makes me want to join right ibn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you can encourage a few to hold up their artwork and have a photo taken...I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to see it!!

    Thanks for sharing...I'm loving this.... So happy you're able to share this with others.... I always worry people may leave this world never knowing their true talent!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three cheers, Janet! They look like they're having fun! But how could they not?

    ReplyDelete
  5. is there for one more from OZ? if it werent so far I would seriously come! it does look like great fun! go you Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you've had a great start with your class, and I too believe it will get even more fun when the students become a bit more familiar to the process of it. Cool to see the photos, and it seems they are enjoying themselves. How is it for you, is it very busy or do you find time to enjoy and get inspired too?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like the class is going really well with everyone enjoying themselves. I think it's great that you have some male representation as well. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyone looks like they are totally engrossed, yay! xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos. Sure looks like you provided a ton of supplies. Everyone in the photos look like they are having a great time. It must be very exciting to be able to share your enthusiasm and love for this medium. Way to Go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved seeing the space and people. I can see fun journal pages starting to emerge already and it looks like everyone is active in the process. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like people are having fun. That is so great. You are inspiring me to think about where I might like to teach this kind of class.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!