Monday, September 30, 2013

Now For Some Red Flowers...

Finally I have some art to show you. It's been a busy week but I had to get this painting finished because it's the one I'm putting in the art show at the Senior Expo this week.

Similar to my recent blue flowers, this one is on a smaller canvas...only 16 x 20.


I had a difficult time getting all the reds, oranges, and yellows to show in the photo. It looks flatter than it does in real life.


This one still doesn't pop off the page like the blue flowers I did but I think it turned out okay. There won't be any judging at the show but we can sell things if we want to although I'm not sure how many people will be there to buy art! It's mostly a health related thing with lots of free screenings for anyone over 65.

Now I'm off to prepare things for today's class. We're going to be doing layered backgrounds. That should be fun and messy!

8 comments:

  1. What beautiful red flowers, you're right about the blue ones but these are great too. The small white dots makes such a differens, they lift the flowers. The leaves are just stunning and that goes for the background too. I think you did a great job and good luck at the art show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this piece, it's so charming. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these just as much as the blue. Betcha someone will buy it. With all your teaching and library volunteering and stuff and more stuff, does HB ever get to see you any more? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm. tried this before, but it didn't come up. I love the red -- it really pops and it makes me feel very cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, the red flowers really pop off the page. I love the shading you have on the leaves as well. Enjoy your teaching Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bigger canvas...and I think these red flowers are lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like a fun time at that art class, and I love your canvas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and yes they too pop off the page as the blue ones do!! Good job. I hope you have a means of getting these comments! Perhaps an android phone!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!